Perfect

The following day was Sunday and much to his surprise he woke up to the sound of his doorbell ringing. He exited and was greeted by Max and Ava at the bottom of the stairs. "Were you expecting company this early?" They asked in eager curiosity. He shook his head for he hadn't ordered anything that would be delivered on such a day and had no reason to expect another person at the door.

"Behave, while I tend to whoever is at the front door." He told the two and while he couldn't see them he figured the two kids were shaking their heads in agreement. He approached the door wearing wrinkled jeans that he had slipped on in a hurry at the sound of the doorbell and the black v neck tee he had slept in that night. He opened it not sure what to expect. Never in his wildest dreams did he expect to see the person that stood out on his front porch.

Clad in jeans and a white crew neck tee with a black unzipped jacket with a grey hood the face he beheld had a brilliant smile the moment the dark haired mans blue eyes met Vincent's own. "Hello Vince. I got your voice message for me from my parents yesterday. I wanted to respond in person. You see I have something I'd like to show you. Something I've had for a very long time..." the door stayed open as Vincent stood in shock and awe as the man pulled out his wallet and withdrew a faded piece of paper. It was worn, had many creases, and when unfolded the image and message within was faded but recognizable to the one who had drawn it and the one it was given to. The hand made valentine that Vincent had drawn twenty years ago.

"Luca, you..." Vincent was at a loss for words as his feet rushed through the doorway and his body collided with the visitor on the porch. His arms wrapping about the man as if his life depended on never letting go. "...you still want to be my valentine?"

"Yes. And this time, I won't let anyone take you away." He answered as his hand held the piece of paper away from their bodies so it didn't get damaged in the abrupt contact. Vincent could only nod in agreement as his feelings overwhelmed him. For the first time in twenty years in the embrace of his first crush Vincent finally felt love again.

The two parted and Vincent invited Lucas inside to which Lucas replied. "Thank you, I would like to come in, but I should inform you, I have my two cats in my car. They were with me when I got your message and I just came straight here. May they come inside as well?"

Vincent realized his smile could get any bigger than it already was, but it did. "They are most welcome. I think they'll find my home to be rather doting should they appreciate attention."

"They do, the more the merrier! Although don't be offended if the one doesn't become overly friendly with you. For some unknown reason she prefers the company of older children; while the other gravitates towards adults." Lucas answered and departed temporarily and returned with two cats that walked beside him on leashes and followed into the home.

Once the front door was closed and the two felines relinquished of their restraints to roam about as they deemed fit Vincent used his energy sensitivity to pinpoint Nikolai should he be in the area but unseen and state, "Perfect" with a subtle wink and a grin that conveyed his thanks to the ghost who had been haunted by a memory, that made all of this possible.