Chapter 12

12

Regarding his son's discipline issues, Xu Xiao was considerably concerned. So he had originally thought to take some time out of his schedule to have a good chat with Xu Zi Yan, but he had not expected that after Xu Zi Rong arrived, some of Xu Zi Yan's actions were even beyond his own expectations. At this point, Xu Xiao was extremely satisfied.

It was chaotic in the dining room, and often there were children who loudly pondered the cultivation problems brought up. The older youths also talked to each other and discussed things, and only Xu Xiao maintained his not slow yet not fast speed as he elegantly ate. He would also occasionally speak up and give some advice, and anyone who got his pointers all had looks of ecstasy.

All the people in this room were the future pillars for Xu family. The higher their future cultivation levels, the more help they would be for the Xu family. As Xu family's cultivator with the highest cultivation level, Xu Xiao's advice for them was extremely rare. Because although he wasn't stingy at giving out his pointers, as the Xu family Master he was just too busy, and there wasn't anyone who would dare bother him for insignificant things like that.

Xu Xiao was giving advice to the youngters when suddenly, his heart stirred. He twisted his neck to give Xu Zi Yan a look, before he slightly raised his eyebrows. "Zi Yan, you broke through?"

The dining room, because of those words, once again instantly silenced. Everyone's gaze began to brush against Xu Zi Yan's body again.

Xu Zi Yan nodded in an extremely tranquil manner: "Yes, that's right Father. Today I somehow had a moment of enlightenment, and luckily broke through into sixth layer of Qi Condensation stage."

Hiss……

The sound of inhaling resonated in the dining room.

Xu Zi Yan breaking through into the fifth layer of Qi Condensation stage was something that happened only half a month ago. In this short amount of time he already broke through into the sixth layer of Qi Condensation stage, it really was something worthy of the Lightning Heavenly Spiritual Vein!

Xu Xiao was satisfied to the point he stroked his own beard. Toward his own son, he was even more satisfied. To raise your cultivation through some insight, this was definitely something that was extremely rare.

In fact, the epiphany one has when they raised their cultivation was less important. What was important was one's emotions and mood. For this so-called epiphany, naturally it was already something most people already understood. In general, this epiphany was usually closely related to the people involved.

Xu Xiao's action of stroking his beard slightly paused. Combined with the performance of Xu Zi Yan and his attitude toward Xu Zi Rong, he seemed to have stumbled upon the reason for Xu Zi Yan's moment of enlightenment.

Sighing a bit in his heart, Xu Xiao could not help but feel more relaxed. The matter with Xu Zi Yan's mother was really an accident. His feelings for Zi Yao were probably not deep, but respect was definitely present.

The maid who had deliberately told Zi Yao of Xu Zi Rong's mother's existence was already killed by him. Before he killed her, he learned through the maid's soul that the real mastermind behind the incident had been his 'true love'.

When he first found out about this after he searched the maid's soul, he could not believe it. But after that, what was left was only a sigh. The once innocent and cute young girl was now left with only a heart full of calculations. If she had not been so greedy, perhaps Xu Xiao would not have had to 'force' her to die.

Nodding slightly, Xu Xiao told Xu Zi Yan: "Later, come to my study room."

"Of course, Father." Xu Zi Yan respectfully answered.