Chapter 35

35

The man in black's shoulder had been completely penetrated as it bled incessantly. After giving Xu ZiYan a ferocious glare, he gritted his teeth before fleeing.

On the other hand, Xu ZiYan didn't continue chasing him to finish their fight. The people waiting to ambush them in the forest only wanted to wound them. Since they didn't have any intentions to kill, should Xu ZiYan insist on taking the other's life, that wouldn't be very good. In addition, he did not believe that there weren't any people from Liu Guang Sect here. If things escalated to the point where a life may be lost, those people would inevitably appear to take control of the situation.

Leisurely placing his silver long bow back into his interspatial bag, Xu ZiYan continued to walk forward in a very good mood. The people lurking in the forest hadn't consisted of only that man in black, however, that man's strength had been the strongest. If he had wanted to kill a chicken to warn off the monkey while also showing off his strength, then there was no doubt that the man in black had been his best target.

"Big brother is so amazing," Xu ZiRong praised with a face full of smiles.

"Ha ha," Xu ZiYan laughed a bit, feeling a bit embarrassed. Although having a little brother who always praised him felt nice, he was still very clear about how without Xu ZiRong's help, he wouldn't have so easily wounded their opponent. In a forest like this, the Wood Element martial arts was capable of bringing out the full extent of its power. In the past three years, other than cultivating the martial art techniques Silent Running Rain and Tempering Wood Secrets, he only learned one more called 'Forest Speech'. This martial arts technique didn't really have any attacking power. However, if one was in a forest, they could communicate with plants to a certain degree.

Of course, chatting or gossiping with the plants was absolutely impossible. At most, one would only be able to obtain some hazy warnings, like tips about where dangerous things may be hiding. But even with things like that, there may be times where the martial arts technique was ineffective. At the very least, the other children of the Xu family who learned this technique practically never managed to communicate with the plants before. Thus, for some time people considered this martial arts book as rubbish.

However, what was strange was how this martial arts technique worked numerous times when Xu ZiRong used it. Back then, when they were training in the forest behind the Xu family mountains, Xu ZiRong was able to frequently help Xu ZiYan find some spiritual beasts suited to his level. Toward this mystery, Xu ZiYan had always remained puzzled despite pondering over it many times. In the end, he could only conclude that Xu ZiRong was just naturally suited to Wood Element martial arts.

In reality——

It was of course impossible for that damn Forest Speech technique to have such an obvious effect. The reason why Xu ZiRong was able to so keenly sense the ambush in their surroundings was because the Blood Demon Lord possessed an innate sensitivity to blood.

Within a certain range, Xu ZiRong was capable of distinguishing between blood by how energy-rich they were. In this forest that was near the city, high-level spiritual beasts were already long taken care of. Thus, for the people who were hiding to ambush them, they looked the same as a bunch of flashing lanterns in the darkness. Even pretending to not see them was a hard feat for Xu ZiRong.

After taking care of that man hiding far away, the other lurking ambushers who saw this scene all sucked in a breath of cold air. Although they had previously known that Xu ZiYan was a popular candidate for the top position of the inner-sect disciple exam, this kind of strength still made people feel shocked.

Silently, at least two of the people hiding retreated. Xu ZiYan's strength had far surpassed their expectations. If they did something now, their ending probably wouldn’t be that good. In addition, there was a high chance they would end up offending this popular candidate for the top position. Their gains wouldn't make up for such losses!