"My prom is wherever you are."

Jisoo watched as her friends took pictures with their lovely dresses and dates on her front yard, a faint smile written on her face. It was Prom day and everyone looked beautiful. Her eyes, however, were solely drawn to one in a particular. She stared at Jennie adoringly, admiring how the girl appeared so beautiful in such a simple way.

The brunette wore a classy white champagne colored, strapless dress that hugged her torso perfectly and flowed elegantly to the ground. Her hair was curled loosely and fell flawlessly on her face, the sides pinned securely. She reminded Jisoo of a modern princess.

It saddened her that she couldn't join Jennie on this special day but she knew how much it meant to Jennie. She looked down at the clear plastic box she held in her hands. The assortment of small white roses and beads mixed with ribbons to top it off sat in the container. It was the exact arrangement Jennie had told her two years ago. She didn't know if she'd ever had the chance to actually be the one to hand it to her.

Jennie beamed widely at the cameras. She couldn't believe it was the day; the day she had slowly been counting down to. She had everything she dreamed of: her dress, her hair, her makeup... everything except her date. She averted her gaze from the cameras to the dark haired girl standing by the door just in time as Jisoo lifted her head up. Their eyes locked and Jennie's smile fell.

"Chu! Come take pictures with us!" Rosé waved over the other girl but Jisoo dismissed the offer.

Instead the dark haired beauty made her way towards Jennie. She took out the corsage from its container and strolled next to her.

Lisa did a double take when she caught a glimpse of the corsage from the corner of her eye. She squealed in excitement and slapped Rosé repetitively on the girl's arm.

"Nini..." Jisoo ignored the flashes and clicks of the cameras. She had a crooked smile etched on her face as she spoke to the brunette facing her. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks." Jennie replied shyly.

"Can I?" Jisoo held up the corsage, never breaking her gaze upon the other girl. Jennie nodded timidly and fixed her eyes on her wrist as Jisoo slipped in the corsage.

"It's beautiful, Chu." Jennie twisted her wrist and examined the design of different flowers perched on it.

"Only the best for you..."

Jennie blushed.

"Hey, the limo's here." Rosé placed a hand on Jennie's shoulder to get her attention. She looked over to Jisoo and flashed a sad smile. "We'll miss you there, Chu."

"Have fun. Don't worry about me." Jisoo assured.

Yeri went ahead in the limo with Lisa and Rosé behind them. Jisoo helped Jennie walk to the vehicle by picking up parts of her dress that brushed the ground and held onto the smaller girl to help her balance.

When they reached the car, Jisoo let the dress go but kept a firm grip on Jennie's waist. She pulled Jennie closer to her and leaned over.

"Save me a dance, will ya?" The older girl husked by the brunette's ear.

"Always."

-

The dinner went well. Everyone played nice with each other, even Jennie with Nayeon. Jisoo was happy seeing everyone she loved being friendly and coexisting in harmony. The only part that gave the meal an awkward edge was when Nayeon talked about prom plans. She quickly apologized for bringing it up after receiving uncomfortable stares from the girls and Jisoo'sfamily.