⇢ ch. 14

When you initially started working with Hongjoong, it was the dead of winter.

Winter turned to spring, which turned to summer. And then summer turned to fall as your life drastically changed.

You're amazed at how fast life has progressing, and how in such a short amount of time so much happened to you.

You don't regret anything that happened to you within the last couple of months. If anything, you're happy that everything happened to you.

You've been able to grow as a person. Your life also turned down an unexpected path, a detour.

You've grown so fond of Hongjoong, amazed by how work ethic and how driven he is.

He's worked so hard at everything he's done, including your relationship with him.

With him constantly being under so much stress, he's managed to keep his cool.

He credits you a lot of the time, and you don't understand how.

"I found myself in you, [Y/N]," Hongjoong told you one night. "I've found my youth again in you."

"You're the one who's working nonstop, growing this company."

"You help me stay afloat yet grounded at the same time. You've helped me see more than just music and work. You've brought me love. You've shown me that there's more than just music to fight for."

"And they say chiverly is dead. I beg to differ," you smirk.

Hongjoong laughs, giving you one of his bright smiles as per usual.

You can't help but smile at how happy he is despite being constantly tired.

"Thank you for taking a gamble on me. Everything that's happened within the last couple of months have been unexpected, but it all ended right. You've made my life more exciting."

↞-↠

And because it's autumn, you drag Hongjoong out of his hole, Reforming Entertainment, to a local fall fest.

"This is why I keep you around, to drag me out of the company," Hongjoong jokes.

Your mouth falls open in awe of what he says even though you know he's joking. You just stare at him with your mouth wide open.

Hongjoong laughs while waving his hands in front of him, trying to defend himself.

You just burst out laughing.

"I know you're kidding."

Hongjoong laughs along with you, glad that you're not actually mad at him.

The two of you walk hand in hand, walking to various tents and looking at all of the little knick knacks and snacks being sold.

You each buy a hot apple of cider to sip along the way.

Hongjoong stops to take cute yet artsy photos of you as well as selfies to keep as memories of this outing.

"We don't have enough photos of each other," he justifies.

And it's true. Because the two of you, especially Hongjoong, are constantly working, you never go out. Which then entails you never have photos together.