Bruce

Here we are. At the end of this series. The final chapter. I'm honestly a bit surprised by how well received this is, but that's honestly a nice surprise no? Anyway, as I mentioned before, this whole story is a part of something bigger. Many character that you see here will be in this story that I'm currently writing. It's definitely going to be a beast for me to write since I'm pretty sure that this would be the longest story I've ever written. Especially with I had originally planed for the first chapter; I ended up splitting it up into parts in order for it to not be too long.

Now keep in mind, everything that you've read here, especially this chapter, might not be final within the main story itself. I do think it would be interesting to have these chapters woven into the story proper from the characters POV of that story. I want you to also keep in mind that since the all the characters POV is different here, AND from the ones in the main story, the tone will be different. As you could already tell from what you have read.

Currently I'm working on only the fifth chapter of this main story, and it is unknown when I will be able to post up the first chapter. Why I am saying this is because I wish to get a good chunk of the chapters done so then I would have more time to finish it, if I couldn't have enough restraint to post it and managing to finish it, so then all of you wouldn't have to wait months if not, possibly years for it to update. This whole side story was in fact written when I had hit a block when it came to write this main story.

I'd like to warn you, this chapter contains spoilers for my story, which I have dubbed as 'Two for the Price of One' when I couldn't really think of a name, and I suppose so will the tags when I edit them. But please remember, this scenario might not actually happen this way since I am still in the early stages of writing it.

(Also I hope I don't hype this chapter up to be like, a super long confrontation or something. It's like, 1,479 words, but it's enough for everything I wanted to be in it.)

Quick Edit in: there's actually one more after this because I had decided to add one more person but then this is officially done. (Because once again, this is already up and done over at FF.N and AO3.)

Without further ado, the one and only famous dark knight that started it all, the very first Batman, Bruce Wayne!

---

"No wait! That's the original Batman! He can help us!" A small child clung onto the creature.

Batman had heard rumors about someone imitating him. Of a being cloaked head to toe in darkness with white eyes and a bright red bat on their chest. The rumors were fairly new, so they must have started not that long ago.

It is unknown for how long they've been in Gotham all together.

Being able to encounter this stranger fighting criminals in an alleyway felt like a stroke of luck to a person less experienced. To him it felt suspiciously like something else. Especially with a child.

Batman took a step closer. The impersonator tensed up, and the child caught on.

"It's okay!" The child exclaimed, moving from holding long legs to holding a hand. Batman noticed that the child started to rub circles with their thumb onto the black hand.

The impersonator looked down onto the child, and Batman did the same.

The child was small, short, but looked to be nine years old. They were wearing a green t-shirt, black pants and black shoes. Dirt, mud, and possibly even dried blood scattered around on their outfit. Black hair and familiar blue eyes adorn the child's face. Scrapes littered their arms and face, and Batman would suspect that there were more of that elsewhere. Their voice sounded like a young boy's.