SUBMISSION PROCESS

STEP ONE ;; FILL OUT THE FORM.

The creative writing prompt will be revealed and 10-12 slots will be available for each round. Anyone may sign-up for those ten spots. Just fill out the form, which will be revealed in later chapters. The slots are first-come, first-serve. No reservations allowed.  Please make sure that you comment once in the right spot. We will reply to your form if it is accepted.

Let us remind you again that you have three weeks to write a 1.5k+ chapter. Please check your schedule before applying. We want to avoid as many delays as possible so everyone can get a chance to participate in this challenge.

+

STEP TWO ;; RECEIVE YOUR GENRE.

We will publish a chapter of all the participants and their respective genres for the round. Please comment on the chapter so we know that you have received your genre and you are ready to write!

+

STEP THREE ;; THE PITCH.

THIS IS IMPORTANT, AS YOU MAY BE ELIMINATED FROM THE ROUND IF YOU SKIP THIS STEP.

Within a week after you have received your genre, to ensure that all interpretations of the prompt are unique, you are required to tell us your "pitch", or a brief description of your concept and what your story will be about. Please limit your description to a maximum of one paragraph (~5 sentences). 

Ideas will be claimed on a first-come, first-server basis. If someone has not taken your idea, we will tell you and you are free to continue writing your one-shot. If someone has already taken your idea, then tough luck! You have to think of another one. We will provide you extra time if that happens to be the case.

Pitches will be sent through a google form we will give you if you have an approved application for a round! If you are unable to access google forms for some reason, let us know and we will figure something out. 

+

STEP FOUR ;; BEGIN WRITING AND SUBMIT YOUR MASTERPIECE.

If your pitch has been approved, we will message you a google form link, where you will submit your final one-shot. No one-shot book is necessary. Once you have submitted your one-shot we will scan through your application, unbiased, and hand-select people for the batches.

+

STEP FIVE ;; DID YOU PASS?

Unfortunately, due to organization purposes and for the sake of reader experience, not all submitted one-shots will necessarily be published.

Only one-shots that meet a certain standard (criteria posted in the next chapter) will be qualified for publishing. This will be determined by the admins who have organized this challenge. Feel free to check out our profiles, which are mentioned on this account's bio, if you are curious about our qualifications.

One-shots will be graded purely on quality and there will be no quota. That means there may be a chance where all one-shots are published. There may be only five one-shots published for the prompt. There may even, in fact, be none published at all (though we hope we won't have to do this!).

Getting your one-shot published will have many benefits; promotion of your own writing on your profile is one of them. We will encourage all readers to check out works of your own. We will also provide a shout-out in our announcements.

If your one-shot has not been published, you will also have benefits. We will explain in some detail why your drabble has not been passed. That way, you can reflect on your writing and improve it.

Don't feel too discouraged if you are not picked. Know that even the biggest authors had failed before. You just have to stand up and try again. We will give you the opportunity to do so :').

STEP SIX;; WANT TO TRY AGAIN?

If your one-shot has been published, you may try again in the second to next round (for example, if your one-shot has been published in round two, you will be able apply again in round four.) This is to give everyone a chance to participate!

Writers whose one-shots have not been chosen for one round may try again in future rounds, no strings attached. We love regulars and encourage all to practice writing more!

A NOTE;; THIS IS NOT A COMPETITION, BUT RATHER A COMMUNITY.

As there have been concerns or misunderstandings, we'd like to clarify that The Drabble Challenge is not an awards book or any form of competition. Remember: there is no quota or curve limiting the number of one-shots published per round.

We purposely crafted this challenge to create an encouraging, positive, and motivational environment, where failure is not frowned upon or to be feared. We want you to try again. We want you to succeed. We want you to keep writing.

So please, don't be shy. This challenge welcomes all types of writers. <3

QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO ASK!
ROUND 1 WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON.

QUESTIONS? FEEL FREE TO ASK! ROUND 1 WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON