FAQ

[ ;; FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ]

We've noticed many questions that have frequently been asked to us, and may be asked again in the future. For the sake of our time and yours, we collected some of the frequently asked questions and answered them below. The favor we ask is for you to check the questions below before asking, as they may have already been answered.

We thank all participants and readers for asking these questions!

+

[ ;; TABLE OF CONTENTS ]

Q1: Is there a maximum word limit?
Q2: May I add genres that are not my assigned genre into my one-shot?
Q3: Do I have to add BTS members in my story or can I use OCs?
Q4: When will you send me the pitch submission form?
Q5: What if I want to change my pitch after I have submitted the form?
Q6: When will you send me to the story submission form?
Q7: What are your rules regarding mature themes?
Q8: When will the next round be released?
Q9: When should I submit my story?
Bonus question: Is smut allowed?

+

QUESTION ONE ;; IS THERE A MAXIMUM WORD LIMIT?

ANSWER ;; No! You are free to go far beyond the 1.5k word limit. One-shots are usually 3-5k words, but some even range at around 15-17k words. We simply added a minimum word limit to encourage detail and effort.

QUESTION TWO ;; MAY I ADD GENRES THAT ARE NOT MY ASSIGNED GENRE INTO MY ONE-SHOT?

ANSWER ;; Yes! You are free to add aspects of other genres as long as your main genre is the one you were assigned.

QUESTION THREE ;; DO I HAVE TO ADD BTS MEMBERS IN MY ONE-SHOT?

ANSWER ;; No! Though the admins are BTS fanfiction writers, this drabble challenge is open to all members of Wattpad. You are free to use your own characters or use members from other Kpop groups.

QUESTION FOUR ;; WHEN WILL YOU SEND ME THE GOOGLE FORMS FOR THE PITCH AND WHEN WILL YOU APPROVE THEM?

ANSWER ;; We try our best to send in the pitch submissions one day after we have released the assigned genres. Approval or rejection of the pitch will be messaged to you within a few days of your submission. This may vary if there are scheduling conflicts (we have lives too!).

QUESTION FIVE ;; WHAT IF I WANT TO CHANGE MY PITCH AFTER I HAVE SUBMITTED THE FORM?

ANSWER;; If there are any significant changes to your previous pitch, please message us to see if we can approve it. Note that the same rules apply to your new pitch. If someone who previously submitted already has an idea similar to your new pitch, then you must either stick with your old pitch or think of a new one.

QUESTION SIX ;; WHEN WILL YOU SEND ME THE GOOGLE FORMS FOR STORY SUBMISSION AND WHEN WILL YOU APPROVE THEM? HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO SUBMIT MY STORY?

ANSWER ;; Due to organizational purposes, the story submission forms will be sent to you at the deadline of pitch submissions, or one week after we have released the assigned genres. Everyone has theoretically submitted their pitch by that time, so we could just mass message everyone the forms. If you have finished early, you could spend the time proof-reading your story!

The time frame as to when we'll publish one-shots vary, but once we approve of a one-shot, we publish it right away. We will privately message you if your one-shot will not be published.

Stories are best submitted via Google Drive or Google Docs. If you have a gmail, then you automatically have access to Google Drive and Google Docs. Your email will not be revealed in this book. If you do not have a gmail, then please let us know on the submission form and we will figure out a method of submission for you.

QUESTION SEVEN ;; WHAT ARE YOUR RULES REGARDING MATURE THEMES?

ANSWER ;; Mature themes involve harassment, rape, abuse, mental illness, suicide, self-harm, racism, explicit violence, etc. The rules for mature themes are nothing new and applicable to real life.

There are real people being affected by these topics. Some might even be reading your one-shot, if published. So please, while we allow mature themes, be sensitive while writing them, and think long and hard about why you are considering adding these themes into your one-shot in the first place. Are you writing to spread awareness, or are you just adding a personality trait to your character? Because we can guarantee that many of these mature themes are more than a personality trait.

This challenge is a safe zone for people of all experiences and background. Finding any form of glorification and romanticization of any mature themes will lead to an automatic rejection of your one-shot and in severe cases, a reviewing of your profile. We will report and contact Wattpad if necessary.

In the story submission form, you will be asked if there are any potentially triggering or upsetting content so we may add warnings before the one-shot. They will not affect your chances at being published; this is only to ensure this challenge creates a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.

QUESTION EIGHT;; WHEN WILL THE NEXT ROUND BE RELEASED?

ANSWER ;; We apologize if you were not able to get a slot for any of the previous rounds. We try our best to accommodate to everyone's time zones, but unfortunately it is impossible to make everyone satisfied. We want to make a schedule, but due to our schoolwork, we realized that the schedule may be too volatile for people to follow.

But do not worry. There will be more, and we are happy that you are interested. We will try our best to release a new round once we have finished organizing the ones in progress! Thank you so much for your patience.

QUESTION NINE ;; WHEN SHOULD I SUBMIT MY STORY?

ANSWER ;; We have set a deadline of three weeks due to our understanding that people have school and other things keeping them busy. However, if you can, try to submit your story whenever you're done with it. We will be publishing as we receive the one-shots so it would make it easier for us if we didn't have to read thirteen one-shots in a day. In addition, it would be easier for you guys to read all the one-shots if they weren't published all in a day. 

A QUESTION NO ONE ASKED BUT WE THOUGHT WE SHOULD ANSWER ;; IS SMUT/EROTICA ALLOWED?

ANSWER ;; LMAO we think we should answer this question before anyone asks, and before we end up reading 10k words of kinky sex.

No. It's everyone's guilty pleasure, but smut/erotica will not be allowed in this challenge. Not because we don't like it, but because we don't think writing a smut one-shot will satisfy the purpose of this challenge and effectively tackle the prompt and assigned genre.

If you think adding a sex scene is necessary, please subtly mention it or add a time skip. There are many ways you can develop your story and we don't want your plot to be 50% smut.

So please, save the tiny drop of innocence we all have left and don't write a smut one-shot. <3