Proposal

Gentle blue waves tickled her ankles. Refreshing breeze kissed her blushing face and fresh air filled her lungs. Unknown smells. Unknown sounds. Birds she's never heard or seen. Shapes and creatures only appearing in her dreams. Such a landscape.

Blue, endless firmament spreading further, ending where her golden eyes can't see. Glistening of the salt water that could be mistaken as glitter littered on the silk.

Soft sand, thousands of little pieces of something, something incomprehensible to her. As if the soil she was more familiar with decided to become a diamond, but failed and turned into brighter-coloured, crystal grains.

And it all welcomed them.

Around her, people were celebrating.

Sasha, Connie and Jean were playing in the water, splashing it at each other, laughing and yelling. Armin and Hanji were investigating the shore, picking up various things and examining it. Armin was currently watching in awe at something in his hands, light and fragile like made of porcellian.

Mikasa was with Eren, talking about something, but her face was much brighter that usual. Maybe the sight of the unknown world had awoken a wish for the good and happiness inside of her?

Truly...

How many little things life consisted of? Little things, seemingly not important, but sufficient to make life good and to lit it up.

For example, that little thing Armin was holding, the red scarf Mikasa was always wearing, Levi's cravat. Each item held a meaning, only comprehended to its wholeness by their owners.

Petra whipped her head around, looking at people who were carefree only this one time. People who constantly faced death were happy like little kids. Only once it will last. Only this once and then...

Who knows what can happen in two, four years? Destruction or rebirth of the world?

Nobody knows.

Only one thing was important right now. To let it go. To forget about everything for once. To enjoy the moment and think about impossible scenarios for the future. How there will be peace, how they are going to settle down and all. Even if it's only a fallacy, let it be alive only this day. Let people believe in impossible and positive beliefs. Let them. Only this once.

And only once is the chance.

She felt someone taking her hand and intertwining their fingers. Without turning to look, she knew who that was.

"Levi..." she smiled at him to which he returned. Importance of the situation and such beauty was affecting him too and he was not afraid to openly show his emotions in front of everyone.

"We did it," she said.

"Yeah," Levi replied, squeezing her hand. "We did."

Lovingly they stared at each other's eyes. They were so stuck in their own little world that they haven't noticed others looking at them.

Hanji was squealing while Armin held his index finger in front of his lips in 'shh' manner. Sasha and Connie were staring in wonder and anticipation while Jean was extremely surprised. Mikasa had a small smile on her face as well as Eren. Floch had one eyebrow risen, switching his gaze from the couple to the audience.

Levi took Petra's other hand and kissed it lovingly, making her smile and blush a beautiful shade of summer sunsets.

"I love you so much," he whispered.

"I love you too, Levi. All these years, it never faded and never will," she said.

Lip curling upwards, Levi reached behind his back. Petra rose her eyebrows in curiosity.