Chapter 12 - Happenings

You gasped for air as you were running through the city. When you had passed the school, you felt someone following you and you were right. But it wasn't one of the boys like you assumed, no, the guy following you increased his pace every time you did. Then you had to start your run away since you were getting anxious after you were followed for about 15 minutes. Your phone rang, but you couldn't think straight and declined because you just wanted to hide. Just like this you ended up in the little park, the person still trailing behind you. Then you saw a bush. You crouched down, trying to hide your small figure behind the bush, little twigs scratching your face as you turned to look for your chaser. Nobody... Your hands were clutched over your head while you tried to stop panicking and instead be quiet in your hiding place.

Is he gone?

Again your phone rang. The sound echoed through the whole park and revealed you squatting behind the prickly bush. You almost shrieked because of the sudden noise but you could force the scream back down your throat.

What now? Should I stay or run away?

Time was running against you as you heard slow footsteps approaching your hiding place. You grew smaller and smaller, hoping to avoid the person coming your way. Then suddenly other footsteps were heard, sounding faster as if the owner of the feet was running like their life was depending on it. But the steps stopped abruptly. You sat there in horror behind your bush, not sure what was about to happen. Just then your phone rang again and shortly after you could hear a faint voice.

"Y/N?" This voice... you could recognize it everywhere.

Carefully you crawled out of your little dark hideaway, your head shooting to your sides as you were checking your surroundings. Not far away from you, you could steal a glance at someone disappearing in the dark. But before you could have been agitated and sense the feeling of panic rise in your stomach, the same worried voice called for you desperately once again. You turned around and then you saw him. Jimin was standing in the park anxiously looking for you. As soon as he noticed your fragile figure he ran to you and enveloped you into a tight embrace.

"Y/N, where have you been? You said you would be back in 15 minutes! Do you know how worried I was?" His serious tone let tears swell up in your eyes and the terrifying feelings you had to ignore, creeped inside your body once again.

"I-I'm sorry......" Your voice trembled and Jimin noticed in an instant that something was wrong. But he wouldn't rush you to tell him. He knew you needed some time to process whatever happened. So he tightened his embrace to let you know that he wasn't looking and that you could cry if you had to. And you did. For the second time in a week you cried in Jimin's arms. But still, you felt safe and you knew that his concern was sincere.

The way back to Hoseok's house was quiet. None of you said a word. You only sniffled and wiped away your remaining tears. Actually, you didn't want to go back but the thought of yourself being alone at home wasn't very pleasing. So you were glad when you finally stood in front of Hoseok's house. The door opened even before your finger touched the bell and you were overrun by a herd of boys.

"Y/N! Jimin!" Jungkook stormed outside and hugged you immediately. "Wait, what happened?"

Oh, your brother was smart and certainly not blind. Even if it was dark he could see your swollen and still red eyes. You didn't answer.

"Let's go inside first." Hoseok led all of you into the house.

There was a tension in the air, from which you didn't know where it came from. Maybe it was because all of them already had figured out what happened. And that was exactly the case. So they weren't surprised when the words finally left your mouth. They just nodded understandingly while Hoseok and Jimin patted your shoulders comfortingly.