Job applications

(A/N: hey I failed a science test and now I'm sad also in this AU you and daws aren't dating Bc you're the person interviewing him)

No time Skip

Dawson's POV

Recently, people at my job were laid off, including me. Because of this, i was now on the hunt for a new job. I decided to look for a ton of different job opportunities at a ton of different places to increase my odds of landing one successfully. The good thing about me is that I'm skilled in a lot of things and activities, so I can often do many different jobs even if it's not what I'm necessarily "used to" doing. The first place I applied to was a local music store that sold sheet music, instruments, and lessons. I figured I could do a bit of all of those places. It was called North Nashville Instrumentals, or NNI for short. I got dressed up into a nice white button down with black pants and black dress shoes, a bow tie (purple with green polka dots and a black sports coat. It was a very professional look and vibe, but the bow tie added a pop of color, a nice touch to the look, and it showed my personality (colorful and fun). I got in my care (carefully, as to not wrinkle or mess up the suit of course) and drove down to the shop. I parked and got out, and let myself in. I walked up to the front counter and was met with a young teen who, by the look of his name tag, went by the name of teddy. "Hey man, what's up?" He said. "Hey bro I'm here for a job interview" I said, lightly drumming my fingers on the counter out of boredom/anticipation for what was about to go down. I walked into a back room, following Teddy, until we came to a stop in front of a door. He made a fist and used the back of his hand/his knuckles to knock three times on the door, short and polite. A pretty girl dressed in a navy blue pantsuit with matching heels, glasses and hair pulled back into a neat, tight bun opened it and immediately took my breath away. "Hello, you must be Dawson Huckabee," she said as she put out her hand for me to shake. I shook it and smiled. "Yes ma'am, I am. How are you?" I said. "Good, you? You can call me Y/N." "Oh okay Y/N, and I'm well." "Lovely", she responded. "Come on in, let's get this interview underway." We walked in and she say on her side of the desk, as I sat on the other, with one empty chair next to me. I made sure to sit up as straight as possible to show good posture and good manners, which she actually ended up commenting on. "I notice your posture is very good, thank you and I respect your for it." She said, and it made me smile and blush a little. "Okay so let's get started with some questions. I won't need to ask questions about why you want this job, why you're right for it, or not for it, or your background experience and reference, because I already got that on your resume here" she said as she held up the portfolio I had given to her. "I'm into more creative questions that truly get to know you. For starters, which Star Wars character would you have most in common with?" She asked. I sat back in my chair and thought about it for a moment. "I'd actually consider myself to be more of a George Lucas type." I said. She nodded and continued to ask me more questions but eventually informed me that I got the job!