Prologue

*NIALLS POV*

You don’t know what you have, till it’s gone. You don’t know what you want, till it’s there. I never thought that this would happen; it hit me like a train, a train coming 100 mph, and the headlights blinding you, as you’re unsure of what to do next or where to go. You’re stuck, with nowhere to go, nothing to do. The only thing you can do is take it. Take whatever life throws your way, and make the best of whatever it is. Enjoy it and don’t take it for granted. Love what you have and those you don’t too, because no matter what you have, there’s always hope out there and a chance to be taken.

*~*~*

Pitch black was all I saw, followed by a sudden pounding on the side of my head; I could feel my fast heart beat pounding throughout my body, the churn in my stomach and, PAIN. The pain in my head was unbearable, the throbbing, the incoming numbness. My eyes lids felt like weights pulling down, just wanting to close. I just had to let in. I just had to close my eyes.

Sirens blared all around me; I could faintly even hear the constant “Niall! Niall! Wake up! You have to keep your eyes open,” as all the boys and paramedics came into my view as I fluttered my eyes open, but I couldn’t keep them open for long, the need was too much. I couldn’t do it. As hard as I tried, as hard as I tried to open my eyes, to do it for them, I couldn’t, I just fell sleepier and sleepier.

*~*~*

*LIAMS POV*

I watched as they took him away, sirens blaring loud and flashing red as they took my best friend farther and farther away from me. Unknown to what’s happening, what’s going to happen and how this would all end. I wanted so badly for things to be good again, to say that everything’s going to be okay, but I know they won’t be, somehow I know things will never end well.

It took everything in my power not to curl up right then and there and begin crying, as my stomach tightened and my heart started beating faster, nervous as to what happens next. What happens next to Niall. He was my best friend, no my brother. That was all he was to me, right?

*~*~*

*NIALLS POV*

As much as I wanted to, I just couldn’t! I couldn’t do it! I couldn’t remember!

“What’s your name?”

“Do you remember what band you’re in?”

“Who am I?”

Countless questions thrown at me, but I only had one reply “I don’t know!” I became frustrated, restless and unsure of what’s going on and what happened or even who I am.

“You’re Niall Horan,” they would tell me. But I never felt it. I only knew because they said I was. Everyone began to tell me story after story about me. About who my family was, who the boys were, who my girlfriend was, my friends, what my job was. It was like learning, learning about my OWN life, learning about what I did and what has happened. Nothing felt real. Nothing felt right. I wasn’t me anymore. I didn’t feel like Niall Horan.