4

I dosed off into a dream.

Warm sunlight shone through the tall windows surrounding my oval shaped room, the light glistened against my silk sheets and woke me with a smile. I reached for my sheer dressing gown and thrust my long legs out of my cosy haven, the sheer gown draped at my sides flowing down to the floor, sticking slightly to my pale blue satin pajama shorts and top. I looked over at the tall mirror a couple of feet from the end of my bed, my name 'Elise' scripted in gold lettering at the top of the white frame. I noticed my long chocolate hair was not too messy at all from my sleep, I noticed how the blue pajamas highlighted my sticking blue eyes and complemented my golden skin.

I walked towards my veranda, opened the door shaped as a window and stepped out into the sunlight, looking at the fountain which marked the entrance to our grand house, the neatly preened garden dad's workers cared for so meticulously, over to the side I could just make out the edges of the outside pool which glistened with light as its water features trickled away gently. Looking straight but slightly further back I could see our arena, dad's clients and boarders had their own stables and arena further back and out of view, an area where we could house upto 100 horses at a time some of them where ours but the good ones, they lived by the house and they were ridden in this arena.... I looked over to see dads stables he had a u-shaped building fenced in to make it square, it housed twelve horses half white, half black ten mares and two stallions all Spanish, he used them as performance horses he toured all around the world but his favorite place to display was our home country, Spain.

Finally I looked to my stables, not too far from the arena was a white coner set of stables with room for nine, a small shelter frame was piched out to give each horse room to be tyed and groomed without the disturbance of any weatherly changes, flower baskets hung from the outpost of the shelter infront of each stable door with variations of tropical pink and red flowers contrasting with the perfect white walls.

My eyes directed to my favorite horse, Descaro. The horse who's trust had not easily been won, the horse who only trusted me ride him and the horse who's show jumping talent was nothing like anything I had ever sat on before he left the ground with such power and soared so high it felt like you were flying. We had won many world cups together, we had been selected for the 2020 Olympics and it was our time to shine.

Suddenly my beautiful vision was blurring away, replaced with the vision of the crash, the crash I caused through partying the night before my big class, I was so hung over my head was spinning I rode Descaro to the second to last fence but I rode it all wrong, complying with my will he took off but it was impossible to make, poles clattered all around us, Descaro was turning, rotating in the air, we hit the ground and multiple sickeningly loud cracks filled my ears some of those cracks where my bones snapping under his weight, others where him, I droned out into a deep dark place hearing his screams of pain echoing in my head long after my vision had gone.... finally I entered a silent void.

I caught my breath with a rapid gasp, and pulled my face from the busses window. That exact dream plagued my sleep ever since that day, the day I've never forgiven myself. The day were my own stupidity cost Descaro his life.

Starring out the window I watched the blurring green scenery shoot by wondering how much longer it would be until we arrived at this place.