Chapter 8 - Let's Talk About The Past

-HARITH-

The next day, I woke up but with fear in me. Then Alucard came up to my room and served me breakfast. It was fried rice, friend egg, and some bacon, sizzling from a metal dish. Well

"Good morning brother!" he said with a smile. "Here's your breakfast! It's a bit hot because it's in a sizzling plate."

"W... Well thanks Alucard!" I replies with a smile.

"Well, eat all you want because you're coming with me later!" he said.

He went to a table next to my bed and to ok his own food with him.

"Well, this is the first time I ate my breakfast in bed! That's unique." I told him, while filling my mouth of a spoonful of the dish.

"Well, glad you're enjoying it! And after that, I'll give you some of your favorite milk!" he replied.

"H... How do you know?" I asked.

"It's because you're a cat... And you mentioned that in your sleep." he said laughing.

"What did I said?" I asked him

"Alucard, give me some milk tommorow big brother pleeaaase! It's my favorite drink" he said in a childish tone. Trying to imitate my tone and pitch, trying not to laugh.

"I am still a child you know?"
I said.

"How old are you?" he asked.

"Twelve." i replied.

"You're twelve and you're already in college?" he asked in shock.

"Yep... It's basically because I am the strongest and fastest of all the leonins." I said.

Then we just ate our meal. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"Sir Alucard. We have ang order from General Tigreal!" the voice said.

"Wait here, I'll come back." he said and I finished my meal.

After eating, he returned and said:

"Harith, I'll take you with me to the investigation. Take us back to the Enchanted forest." he said.

I nodded and we went down. And he showed me something. He took his sword and places it in front of me.

"I'll have to bring this in case the enemy showed up." he said.

"Woah! Your sword is even taller than me!" I said in shock.

He laughed and said:

"Sleep more and exercise more so you will grow taller!"

I crossed my arms and replied:

"I'd like to stay short. I find it much better this way."

He lauged again and Alucard rubber his hand in my head, specially behind my ears which made me purr a lot and wag my tail.

"How cute! You really are a cat! You act like one at some point." he said.

"Haha! Am I that cute?" I asked.

"Yes you are! And I'll give you more rubs later! But first, we must get going!" He replied. I nodded and we went out of the house.

"Before we go back to your home, I'll introduce you to my friends."

So we went to a nearby Café where We met Angela.

"Oh hi!" she said with a smile.

"Where's Granger?" he said.

"Right there!" she said pointing to a table on the side.

"And Miya?" he asked.

"She went on first to the enchanted forest." she replied.

We went to a nearby table to talk about the investigation while Angela served us snacks.

"Okay! Here you go! Some croissants, cinnamon rolls, slices of cake, and a glass of milk for you Harith!" she said with a smile. "Alucard told me you love this drink!"

"Thanks!" I replied. Angela sa next to us and Granger started to talk.

"Okay cat, tell me what happened!" he said in a deep voice.

"Hey! Hey! Be gentle Granger! He's just starting to get used to our life here." Alucard said.

"Well, here's a background:
We - the leonins, are the oldest inhabitants of the Enchanted forest. We love nature and are always longing for peace. Eaxh and every one of us is gifted with a specific magical talent. One day, our ancestors heard that the Abyss will come to use our power to take the twilight orb and take over the land of dawn under their new prince. So, they never went out of the forest again. Then suddenly, some several weeks ago, the Abyss discovered our hideout and planned on taking them all. I remembered the exact date was January seven. I was on the sakura gardens with my friend that time, which is on top of a hill, so I haven't noticed what's going on. So when we went down, I realized that were already Invaded and all of the leonins are missing. I was the strongest in our village and I failed to save them. Even my only friend, who got taken away to be killed by the prince of the abyss!" I said it while tears started flowing down my eyes making me remember everything.

"Hey... Don't worry. I'll Always be here for you! Because you're my brother and even my friend." he said as he concealer me in a tight hug.

"Hmm, then... If that's what happened, let us go!" Granger said.

"Stop right there Granger! Finish your food first! I prepared that! And don't you know how much the ingredients cost?" Angela said naging.

"Well, I do agree with her. It is quite expensive and also to have ang oppurtunity to eat in a café, specially if it is owned by a friend." I said.

"Thank you Harith!" she said

"You're welcome!" I replied with a smile.

So we ate and decided to go to the enchanted forest. My home. What would it look like now. I want to see it's ruins for the lst time before I move on, forgetting her and all the torments in my life. Nana, I wish you were still alive, and right here with me. Life would be so much easier with you by my side...