Chapter 17 Scared

~Alex's POV~

I watched as Phoenix's chest came down slowly only to be filled with air and go back up.I couldn't believe what we had just talked about a couple of hours ago.My wolf sat in the back of my head watching too.It was 3 am but neither of us wanted to take our eyes off of her even if it was just for a second.

"Why won't you sleep in bed with her?"I heard a voice ask.I turned my head towards the door on instinct to see Cataleya staring at me giving me a small smile.I turned back to look at Phoenix and bit back the yawn that threatened to escape.

"I'm not tired so I figured I'd get out of bed to give her space."I said softly and looking back at Cataleya. She nodded and opened her mouth to say something but was roughly thrown out of the doorway with the door slamming shut behind her.I slowly turned my head to see a pissed off Phoenix sitting on the bed watching my every move.

"I'm not some freaking psychotic hospital patient that you have to watch around the clock."She growled observing my face and running a hand through her hair.

"I know that."I said softly.

"Then why are you up and why is that chair facing the bed now when it used to face outside?"She asked.

"I'm just not-"I started but was cut off by Phoenix.

"Don't give me that bullshit.You and I both know that's not true.I can see the tiredness in your face,every time you yawned I heard it and I can literally feel how tired you are."She growled.I stared at her for a second knowing she still wanted answers.

"If it was Cataleya you wanted to speak to then you should've just left the room to go be with her."Phoenix spat crossing her arms over her chest.I watched as the jealousy danced in her eyes before she masked it with a glare.

"I-I just don't want to wake up with out you by my side."I croaked.Phoenix's eyes went wide and she stared down at the floor as if trying to get swallowed in it.I knew she hated confrontation but we both needed this.I took a step towards her and her head snapped up before she lifted her hand.I tensed and closed my eyes tightly waiting for the air to be knocked out of me again.I slowly opened my eyes when nothing came to see Phoenix holding her hand out for me.I walked up to her taking her hand in mine as she put her other hand on my hip.

"You shouldn't care about me so much."Phoenix whispered as we laid down and her head rested on my chest.

"I love you."I said simply.Phoenix sighed before sitting up and running a hand through her hair.

"Why because of a mate bond?"She asked.I smiled at her before I looked at the ceiling flicking through the millions of reasons why I loved her.

"Because when you walk in a room all I can think about is you whether it's if you ate,or if you still want to be my mate.I love how protective you get over me even when we aren't talking or how possessive you get at 3 am in the morning when you find me talking to a female that isn't you.Yes the mate bond is a part of it but even if we were just humans I would still love you."I said looking down at her.She smiled a little and I sat up causing my back to ache in pain.Phoenix noticed and her smile was gone just as quick as it came.

"Turn around."She said walking in the bathroom.She came back with a first aid kick and alcohol in her hands.My hairs stood as her finger accidentally grazed the back of my neck reminding me of how long it had been since we-touched.I stayed quiet and she ripped my shirt.I heard a gasp from behind me and watched as Phoenix studied my back teary eyed.

"What's wrong?"I asked softly.She shook her head and pointed to the bathroom.I walked in and turned my back to the mirror before looking back at the reflection.My eyes went wide as I noticed my back sprouting a purple haze.