Day Two: The Disaster Day Begins

The first day had gone pretty well, all things considered. Steve had agreed to ride three of the tamer roller coasters and no one had fallen from a ferris wheel, so they counted it as a win. Of course, the second day it was much easier to get into the park. The guards weren't as surprised about Bucky's arm, so when Natasha disabled the cloaking technology and Bucky removed it, they allowed him to walk through the metal detectors without much problem.

After four or five different roller coasters, Steve finally convinced them to try out Thunder River, a long floating ride. According to the map he'd studied during the time Sam, Bucky, and Natasha had been on their last roller coaster, it was family-friendly and rather peaceful. Of course, the risk they would get wet was high, but it was hot and humid, so Steve would be willing to throw himself into the water if necessary.

"There's gonna be a huge line," Sam whined, following Steve and Natasha to the ride.

Somehow Natasha had gotten ahold of a long liquorice rope Sam didn't recall her buying and Steve had the map unfolded and held up in front of him. If Sam had been ten years old, he'd be embarrassed. At this point, though, he'd accepted the fact that Steve was likely to be embarrassing in public and contented himself with trying to step on Natasha's shoes. That is until she spun around too fast for him to react and whipped him with her liquorice. Walking backwards beside Steve, she dared Sam to do it again, but he was too focused on the red mark across his arms from where she'd hit him.

"You deserved it," Bucky muttered as she turned back around.

Sam grumbled and stuck a foot out to trip him, but Bucky just stepped over it with a smirk. When they came to a stop as they came to the end of the line, Sam sighed. He couldn't even see the front of the ride from this point.

"Oh relax," Natasha told him, swinging her liquorice rope in front of her. "We've stood in longer lines. This one will be fine."

"I don't want to get wet though," Sam protested and Natasha looked fully ready to scold him.

Coming to Sam's rescue, Steve snatched Natasha's liquorice rope and she gaped at him, forgetting she was about to snap at Sam. With a smug grin, Steve bit off the tip of the rope.

"You asshole!" she yelled, grabbing her rope back. Steve stole it back again and took an even bigger bite.

"Careful, Nat," he warned, holding the candy just out of her reach. "There are children around."

"Is that supposed to stop me from stealing my liquorice back?" she demanded, jumping up and trying to steal it out of his hand. He moved and she missed.

"No, but you shouldn't swear," he told her, holding the liquorice over her head.

Natasha scowled and climbed up the wooden fence. Jumping from it, she wrapped both her arms and legs around Steve and reached for her liquorice.

"Make me, you bitch," she snapped, wiggling up to his shoulders.

Steve tossed the liquorice to Bucky, so Natasha lunged forward and snatched it from him.

As Steve's balance was thrown off, he stumbled into the people in front of them and apologised profusely. Stumbling away from them and trying to gain his balance back, he nearly knocked over Sam and Bucky. With her liquorice successfully in hand, Natasha jumped off his shoulders before he dropped her and landed softly with both pieces in her hands. She smiled victoriously and bit off the end of each rope.

"Take my liquorice again and I will rip you apart before you can even blink."

Bucky nodded while Steve rubbed his neck and gave her a small glare. She glared back and he rolled his eyes. Only another forty-five minutes or so of waiting in the heat. Hopefully, they wouldn't kill each other by then.