21

- Your POV -

. . . Where am I?

My eyes flutter open and I slowly sit up.

I look around. Surrounding me is a dark, endless void. As I turn my head, I notice a white light shining from a certain area.

Gasping, I fall backwards onto the floor before my eyes dart to my hands, then, slowly, the rest of my body.

My figure is a blue translucent color. I can see right through it as I held one hand up against the light.

I widen my eyes some more as I come to a realization.

Am I. . . Dead?

My gaze floats back down to my hands. I stare at them with my back hunched over.

No. . . It can't be. . . !

Tears start building up as my hands ball up into fists.

Damn it (f/n), how many times are you going to cry today?

I sit in front of the white light, helpless, droplets falling onto my hands and legs.

I just want this to be all over, and to be back home with my mom and dad, watching a movie or helping them cook. . .

I miss them. . .

The touch of a hand on my shoulder catches me off guard and I look behind me.

"Bucciarati. . ."

On instinct, I leap over to him, wrapping my arms around him in a hug as I begin to cry into his shoulder.

"It's okay. Let it all out." He says, rubbing my back.

The tears flow nonstop as I sob loudly, letting out all of my emotions.

"I'm sorry. . . I'm sorry I couldn't save you." I whimper, "You deserved so much better."

The man stays silent, letting me release all of my emotions.

I eventually calm down and get a hold of me breathing.

"We've been through so much on this journey, and there were so many near-death situations. But yet, that was the only time I actually felt. . . Scared. At that moment, I knew what true fear was like." I mumble, still holding on to him.

"It's all right to feel scared sometimes. Such emotions are natural for us to experience." Bucciarati reassures me while brushing his fingers through my hair. "Until you feel ready, I'll wait with you."

His comforting words bring peace to my unstable state.

Rather than convincing me that there's nothing to fear and telling me to stop crying, he's letting me release everything, patiently waiting and allowing me to do things at my own pace.

The two of us sit there for a while, until I manage to regain my composure and stop crying.

"Are you feeling better?" He questions.

I nod, still sniffing a bit, and get up.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"All right." The capo says, standing up too. "You should go then. Everyone is waiting."

I look at him in confusion before turning around to see a portal-like window to Rome, where Gold Experience Requiem makes his debut.