Billy And Booster's Bizarre Day Off

The Watchtower

-- Miles Above Earth's Atmosphere --

Captain Marvel yawned as he walked down the large hallway, stretching his arms out with a long breath. He'd just finished dealing with a drug cartel in Star City and had volunteered to report back to the main base so that everyone else could go home and rest. Sure, he was exhausted, but Atlas's stamina made sure he wasn't going to crash anytime soon.

The demigod placed his hand against the scanner and let out a tired breath as he walked into the monitor room. The place was surprisingly empty- none of the big three to be found, which was weird since they all could be heard an hour earlier over the comms. The only person that was there happened to be--

"Booster? What're you doing here?" Cap asked, raising a brow and glancing around the otherwise empty room. The blonde man was sitting in one of the monitor chairs, his legs kicked up onto the desk with a controller in his hands as he played one of those Justice League fighting games. "Where's Batman? Or Wonder Woman? Superman?" he asked, coming up behind the time traveler and ignoring the cold patch of air he walked through.

"Relaaaax Cap-i-tan, Supes said he was going to go put the Phantom gizmo thing away, Wonder Woman went with him to help. Batman left after Supes called him on his comm just a few minutes later." Booster said, making his little Batman character punch Joker repeatedly.

Captain Marvel blinked- they hadn't come back yet? "How long have they been gone?" he asked, coming around the chair to lean against the desk and cross his arms. While he may have been one of the youngest members on the League (he was actually the youngest...both Stargirl and Firestorm had 4 years on him...not that they knew that of course) Booster Gold was infamous for being one of the most immature.

"Uh, five, six minutes?" Booster said absently in return. Captain Marvel nodded slowly- if it was only a couple of minutes, he could wait around for them to come back. "I mean I think at least."

"Uh-huh." Captain Marvel said in return, shaking his head with a slight smile. "Mind if I steal a seat?" he asked, ignoring a weird pulling sensation at his core and another flash of cold that ran through him before pulling out the other rolling chair to plop down on it and turn his attention towards the screen.

"Go ahead my dude-- oh hey, when are you gonna tell the League, by the way?" Booster asked as his Batman character roundhouse kicked Joker, knocking him into a bunch of boxes. "You know, about the whole 'Big' starring Tom Hanks thing?" Booster asked, pausing his game to smirk at the other hero.

"You know I think that's the first time I've heard you make a reference to something from before the 21st century," Cap replied, leaning back in his chair. "And not so loud, you know Batman monitors this place," he said, folding his hands behind his head.

Booster shrugged, unpausing his game and continuing his assault on the Clown Prince of Crime.

"I'm still honestly surprised you know," Captain Marvel continued, glancing at the blonde as he played his video game. "Like- I never thought I'd tell the League but..."

"Cap, your story is kind of this big hero mythos thing in my time. One of the world's oldest heroes by a long shot, all hidden beneath-" Booster cut himself off at the sharp look from the raven-haired man. "Yeesh, sorry, sorry. Can you blame me though? You're a living legend, i'm not used to seeing you so...young." he smirked.

Captain Marvel rolled his eyes-- he'd been told before by the time traveler that sometime in the future he took the route of Black Adam- forgoing his mortal existence to be Captain Marvel full time, but unlike Adam he chose to help the world. He still couldn't see himself doing such a thing, but if he was still alive in the 25th century, it had to be true.