Chapter 3- Ash

Ash's POV

Shes all I could think about leaving the Ryan's house. The way her tight dress clung to her body, the neckline exposing a little bit of her cleavage.

She looked so sexy. And so mature.

All I wanted to do was grab her perfectly pouted lips and kiss the fuck out of her. Her angry expression turning me on so much as it always has. It was fun and so easy to tease her. She was after all, the only girl who didn't just give me whatever I wanted. She would always stand up to me in a way no one else did.

Before leaving to go live with my uncle I remember our last interaction well. I had practically saved her from her 'boyfriend' getting too handsy with her- refusing to listen to the word stop. Me being me I jumped into action and nearly beat the crap out of him before someone spotted us. I grabbed Sophie's hand, took her away and we argued back and forth for a while. I called her naive and she called me a prick. We always bantered but never argued like that before. I'm not sure what came over me that day but I saw the look of distress on her face and I immediately calmed down, reached over to tuck her hair behind her ear and said the words "you deserve better" before walking away.

Part of me enjoyed a fight, part of me was being protective over my little sisters friend but I feared there was that tiny part of me that was ... dare I say, jealous?

I didn't dwell on it too much because I would've never done anything with her. Well not back then anyway. I'm not sure how to feel now.

Elena kept speaking to me, interrupting my thoughts. "Hello?! Are you even listening to me?" sarcastically waving her hand in-front of my face.

"Mate can you shut up for 2 seconds?" I said playfully. She hit me on my arm and rolled her eyes.

"As I was SAYING, I've never actually seen Sophie with many guys. Should I set her up with James?" She said with a smile on her face. James was another family friend of ours, around 23 and such a tool. He thinks he's a total ladies man but would end up irritating a girl within 5 mins of having a conversation by saying something completely stupid.

"Are you kidding? He's such an idiot she's way out of his league." I responded. Funnily enough, I instantly went into protective mode. Elena raised her eyebrow at me.

"Oh really and who's league is she in then?" She asked curiously. I could tell what she was not so subtly implying, but I pretended like I wasn't bothered.

"I dunno. I just can't see them together. He's too stupid." I shrugged. That was enough to get my sister off my back, finally shutting up. I love E but she really doesn't know how to stop talking.

Once we got home I ran to my bedroom and let my body drop on my bed. I had the sudden urge to do something I've never done before. Stalk a girl and see more about her online. I searched Sophie's profiles on both Instagram and Facebook out of curiosity about the kind of girl she's become. I came across some selfies of her, all natural with no crazy filter and no caked makeup. Rare these days. Simple yet stunning. I couldn't stop looking at her face. Something so endearing.

Imagine her sweet lips screaming my name as I fuck her hard.

I suddenly realised I seemed like a fucking stalker and stopped myself from looking any further. This girl was my little sisters friend, she was our family friend. Someone we've grown up with. She's fucking girlfriend material. I couldn't just use her to satisfy my own needs and just leave. She looks like she'd completely take over my thoughts. And I was not prepared for that to happen.

But it doesn't mean I couldn't have my fun, teasing her. She pretended like I didn't have an effect on her but I could tell from her breathing when I stood close to her, she felt something.

Growing up I'd always protect her and Elena, I wasn't about to hurt her.

I admit her her curves tempted me in a way no woman had in a while, but it was the way she crossed her arms, raised her eyebrow and spoke to me in that tone that completely lit something different in me. She had fire. And I loved that.

I've never been into any girl in a serious way my whole life apart from one. One who I don't even want to think about. I dismiss the thought of her immediately. Women have always wanted the same thing from me that I wanted from them, just a-bit of fun. I want it to stay that way, I don't plan on getting into anything serious. I know I can't commit, my head will always turn, there will always be another woman more attractive, another with better traits, another with a better ass. Honestly why would anyone want to be tied down? Too much drama, no one is worth that.

I lied back on my bed, hearing my family's distant voices from downstairs. I've always been so close to my family despite everything that has happened. Just another reason I couldn't risk having a thing with Sophie and risk ruining their relationship with the Ryan's. Our parents have been best friends since college. I couldn't do it to them. Closing my eyes however, I couldn't wander the next time I'd lay eyes on that beautiful face again.