Confessions and Kisses

Months later, you sat on the dock of the canoe lake, dipping your bare feet into the water. It was a warm, august day. The third titan war had ended exactly a month ago. You had washed away the curse of the achilles long ago. It was nice to be invincible and all, but it just didn't feel right to you. It almost felt unnatural.

Suddenly, a voice behind you called,out, "Hi Y/N,"

You jumped in surprise, falling face first into the canoe lake. You quickly resurfaced to see your best friend, Nico Di Angelo on the dock, laughing his head off.

"Nico!" You cried, "That wasn't funny!"

Nico smiled, but he still looked like he was holding back a laugh. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." He said.

You willed the water to rise up, and it did so, splashing Nico in the face.

"Hey!" He said, wiping water off his face. You grinned.

"What? Now we're even!" You said, crossing your arms, still bobbing in the water.

Nico sighed, still smiling, "Alright, take my hand." He held out his olive brown hand to you. You stared at it in shock. That was exactly what Nico had said during your vision in the Styx!

He smirked at your seemingly clueless face, "Come on, Water Brain, take my hand, let me pull you out."

Your eyes widened. He was literally saying what you had saw in the styx, word per word! Then, you smiled at your nickname, and slowly reached out your hand. His fingers closed around yours, and he pulled.

You felt yourself be hoisted out of the water, still completely dry. You settled on the dock, sitting next to Nico.

"Thanks." You said, smiling. You waited for Nico to let go of your hand, but he didn't he kept it held in his.

"No problem." He said. You took a deep breath.

"Nico...there's uh, something I wanna' tell you." You said slowly. Nico looked at you, concern finding his way into his face.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Remember when I went to the underworld with Percy? To bathe in the styx?" Nico nodded, "Well,while I was in there, I uh...had a vision. It showed my who anchored me to the mortal world."

Nico raised his eyebrows, "Who was it it?" He asked, looking out over the canoe lake.

"It was...uh..." You took a deep breath, "Itwasyou." You said quickly.

Nico's eyes widened, and he turned to look at you. You suddenly very conscious at the fact that he was holding your hand.

"M-me?" He stuttered. You nodded, quickly looking away. This was it. You had blown it. Probably ended your friendship with Nico too.

"Y/N, look at me." Said Nico quietly. You obliged, turning your head to face Nico. Thats when he kissed you.

Nico Di Angelo is kissing me. You thought blankly. Nico Di Angelo is kissing me!

And you kissed him back