31.

Next day
Vida's pov

"Ya me voy" I shouted as I made my way to the living room

"Stop right there little girl" Oscar said from the kitchen. "Come here"

"I'm not a little girl" I stomped my way to the kitchen.

"Do we approve Sad Eyes?" Oscar asked Victor who was eating.

"mmm not to revealing, nice color. I think yes" Sad Eyes said as he examined my outfit.

"mmm I think so too. Okay you can go now, have fun" Oscar waved.

"Bye, love you guys" I shouted as I walked to the door.

Mario's baby shower
After a while of being bossed around by ruby I was tried so I decided to take a seat on the couch.

"Yo! People. I need towels and alcohol! Get me tequila on the rocks and Shakira on the stereo!" Jasmine shouted. There goes my break I quickly get up and was about to ask what was going on when Mario walked in with a bloody nosed Jamal.

"I am so sorry. I kicked you. I forget how flexible I am" Geny said as she appeared behind them.

"Okay, party's over. Everybody, out!" Ruby shouted.

"Wait. Wait, what's happening" I asked.

"Amber's having the baby" Monse said as she came running.

"What?" Geny shouted.

"Cesar, Vida hold him" Mario said as he tossed Jamal to us. "Babe, I'm coming"

"Who's Amber?" "Do we still get paid for the whole night if we leave early?" People started asking.

"Who are these people?" Monse asked.

"Extras" Ruby replied. "What? She didn't have and friends or family, so I had to improvise" Ruby started to hand out money.

"Wait" I said as I walked towards them.

"Where'd you get that kind of money" Cesar chimed in.

"I know those bills. What the hell are you doing?" Jamal gritted his teeth then we all started to argue when Geny came out and yelled us to pray.

"Guys, guys. It's the curse. Don't you see? This is all building to something. I found the money and Manny and Olivia died. Now we're back at the scene of the crime with money, which means..." Jamal panicked.

"Someone eles is going to die" I finished his sentence.

"The baby" Ruby whispered.

"We have to get rid of it" Cesar said.

"Hold up technically we just gave a bunch of cursed money to all those extras" Jamal took the money from Cesar.

"They're actors. No one is going to miss them. Let's go" Ruby scoffed.

"We don't know how to get rid of a curse! Okay? Curses have rules. We can't just throw them away. Abuelita! The money is cursed! How do we destroy it?" Jamal shouted.

"Burn it! Burn the money" She said and we all ran outside. We grabbed a trash car and dumped all the money inside.

"You've torn our neighborhood apart. You've ruined our relationships... and stolen our youth! But it's over. Cursed be gone!" Jamal lit up a couple of dollars and was about to through it in the trash can we Abuelita came rushing to us.

"Stop! Stop! Jamal! Don't burn the money. The money is not the thing that doesn't belong here. The money is not cursed" She smacked the burning money out of his hand. "Come inside we'll explain" She chuckled. As we walked in everyone was laughing.

"Kids come get a slice of cake" Geny waved us over to the living room. We all grabbed a plate and sat in a circle with everyone. They then explained that the baby was the thing that didn't belong.

"Oh, I'm not gonna lie. This cake is good!" Ruby said.

"It's just should of been chocolate" Jamal added and everyone bursted out laugh.

"Too soon, man" Mario said.

"Mario. I want you to know that if that beautiful baby was yours, I would of loved it. But, whoo! Thank God you're not going to be a daddy just yet" Geny said.

"You dodged a bullet" Monse said.

"We all did" Jamal added.

"Um- I-" I whispered and looked at Ruby But no one had seem to noticed.

"That girl really didn't know. And that was a big ass bun... fully risen. Okay" Jasmine said.

"The truth always comes out" Abuelita said and everyone Amen to that. A little after there was a knock on the door and Geny got up to open it.

"What was your baby mama name again? Well fake baby mama?" Jamal asked Mario. Everyone started clowning Mario after that question. I noticed Geny picked something up at the door so I decided to see what was going on.

"Hold my plate ruby" I said as I got up.

"Yeah, I got you mi Vida"

"Hey, Mrs. Martinez, is everything okay?" I asked.

"I'm not sure Vida, this was on the door" She said as she showed me a bullet.

"Oh my god" I gasped.

"I think we should call it a night" she announced, and explained it to everyone. We all said our goodbyes and went our separate ways.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Ruby asked me as we walked out.

"I think so, I should call Oscar shouldn't I?" I said.

"I think so" Ruby nodded his head.

-

"Oscar please, I get it, but Cesar isn't safe out there, please" I begged as we walked inside our house.

"Vida you know I can't" He sighed.

"Oscar please" I began to cry.

"No puedo entiende. Te crees que no me duele a me? Me duele un montón. Pero no puedo hacer nada" He slammed door shut.

"I'm sorry" I stuttered.

"The least I can do is protect you. I'll have to lay low for this week" Oscar said as he approached me.

"A week? I can't skip school for a week!" I shouted.

"I'm calling school tomorrow, saying you got sick or some shit"

"I'm going to fail, I've got work to do" I pushed him away.

"Is fucken homework going to stop a bullet from hitting you! Is homework going to make sure you don't get killed!" He shouted and got all in my face.

"No but" I broke down and slowly fell on the floor.

"I'm sorry but all I want to do is protect you" Oscar said as he sat next to me and hugged me. I cried till Oscar convinced me that it was for the best and till I wasn't mad at him anymore.