Arc 3:12 Valerie Osbourne

Valerie gently rubbed her forehead as she felt a headache coming. She couldn't believe that she was so careless. How could she miss an unimportant character? And that unimportant character turned out to be an important character after all.

Mike.

He wasn't supposed to kidnap her at all. Damn! He wasn't even supposed to meet her. That evil bloodsucking vampire was the one who initiated the whole war between humans and vampires. Mike was the brain behind the whole freaking war. She didn't even know how he fell for her and how obsessed he was with her. Well, she knew she was beautiful and gorgeous but she didn't expect Mike to kidnap her because of his feelings towards her.

Valerie snorted. As if he had feelings for her. She was so sure that he wasn't capable of loving other people than himself. Or even worse, she wasn't even convinced if he loved himself.

Valerie walked towards the window and examined the whole area. She saw a bunch of trees everywhere which meant that she was somewhere in a forest. She turned her head and accidentally caught the sight of a painting hanging above the bed. Valerie shuddered slightly. She furrowed her brows and couldn't help but thinking about the words Mike told her when she pretended to be asleep. She knew she couldn't take his words lightly. For some reason, she believed that he meant every single word he stated because of the firmness in his voice.

Valerie didn't want her kidnappers to know that she was awake and thus she tip-toed towards the door. She knew the vampires had sensitive ears thanks to her beloved uncle. She leaned her ears on the door and gripped the doorknob. When she didn't hear any movement, she twisted the doorknob only to discover that it was locked. Valerie narrowed her eyes slightly and a storm of curses birthed in her mind.

She gave up and glanced at the windows and the bed. Suddenly she got an idea. Valerie hastily strode towards the bed and took the duvet cover out of the duvet. The duvet cover was in nude color and it was pretty long. Valerie dragged the duvet cover towards the windows. Then she opened the windows and felt the cool breeze hitting her face. She shivered a little from the cold but she couldn't care less.

Her arms dropped the duvet cover out of the window as she tied a knot on the little wall between the two windows. After she was sure that the knot was tight and secure, she rose her right leg on the window and the other leg follow the action while she grabbed the duvet cover tightly.

"Here goes nothing...", Valerie whispered and began to climb down the duvet cover. Fortunately, it was only three meters from the window to the ground. She let out a relieved sight when her feet touched the ground. It was very dark now so nobody could see her. Who was she kidding? She forgot that vampires had owl eyes.

Not risking being busted, Valerie hurried into the forest. Even though she ran very fast, she was also extremely careful not to trip. She didn't want injuries to slow her down.

Valerie felt her legs burning, but it didn't slow her down. Her breath became heavier and heavier. Her body, especially her face, was ice cold from the cold wind. There were some dried and new blood under and on her bare feet but she didn't take the time to care.

On the other hand, King Calvin did everything to find his beloved Queen. He even mobilized his private army. His private army was now scattered around the four kingdoms, trying to find their future lady boss. A few hours ago, Calvin got a message from one of his men that they found something suspicious in the Koline forest. There and then he knew it was a trap. Whomever who kidnapped Valerie was not hiding his or her tracks. Calvin knew that they wanted him to find her. Although, he was aware that it was all a trap to lure him he couldn't care less. He was King Calvin the third, the ruler of Zaveri. He wasn't afraid of anything or anyone. If he did walk into the trap then he would do it with pride, but he wasn't stupid. After all, he was best friend with the king of Holldal and Ilania.

After making a plan, King Calvin headed towards the Koline forest alone. He ran past many trees and creatures. Calvin wasn't tired at all since he was super fit and exercised a lot. After an hour he stopped when he saw a figure in white running towards him. He could hear the person's heavy painting. Calvin hid behind a thick and tall tree. When the person passed the tree, he stepped out and tackled the person to the ground. Loud noises of groans were heard. Calvin felt the person struggling and tightened his hold.

Soft...

It has to be a girl underneath him. "Let go of me!" Valerie snarled and hit her attacker's head with her fists.

"Damn woman! It's me!" Calvin recognized her voice and was about to let her go when she punched him. Valerie froze and raised her head to meet his eyes. Familiar purple eyes...

"Calvin...", she gasped. He let go of her and gently grabbed her up into his embrace. Calvin's tensed muscles finally relaxed as he inhaled her scent. His face was buried in the region of her neck and shoulder.

"Finally, I found you...", Calvin mumbled and faced her. He raised his hand and touched her smooth and cold cheek. He frowned and immediately took off his coat and quickly draped it over her.

"Are you okay? Who kidnapped you? Are you hurt?" Calvin hovered her with a bunch of questions. He cupped her face. Valerie relaxed and sank into his warm, big hands when she saw his concerned expression.

"Shhh..." She put her finger on his mouth, stopping him from asking questions. "I'm fine but we have to get out of this forest quickly. I'm afraid that Mike-"

Before Valerie could finish her sentence, a loud clap interrupted her. She immediately moved her gaze towards the noises and her eyes widened when she saw him.

"Well well well, isn't it King Calvin?" Mike said in a mocking way. His eyes were bloody red, and his sharp fangs were out. He was ready to fight.  

Who wants a new chapter?

Well, this author has a request :)

Please vote and comment. It is always funnier to write when I read your comments <3

and ThAnKs fOR ReADIng!

SEE ya next TIME ;)