Arc 3:18 Valerie Osbourne

Prince Charles bitterly smiled at his own brother. He never understood why his cold brother became heartless to him. He was used to being treated coldly by his older brother because King Calvin was known for that, but he had never imagined that his flesh and blood-related brother would banish he – the prince of Osbourne – and his wife – princess Avery from Palace. King Calvin sent them to the countryside. They have moved so many times that he lost the count. His wife and he only settled down a year ago at the outskirt of the capital, and all of this was thanks to his Queen Mother and King Father. Luckily, Avery loved him for who he was and not because of his status and money. She stayed through thick and thin with him. At least, that's what he thought.

"Long time royal brother!" Prince Charles greeted and slightly bowed. King Calvin's eyes darkened, and he just nodded. Prince Charles secretly gritted his teeth. His own brother wouldn't even acknowledge him.

"Move", King Calvin demanded, referring to Prince Charles's carriage. Prince Charles answered, "We were about to. I just wanted to greet you and Queen Mother sent me an invitation to your engagement. Congratulations by the way!" He was about to pat King Calvin's shoulder, but King Calvin moved so that his touch touched the air. Prince Charles awkwardly retreated his hands. King Calvin silently cursed. Their royal mother clearly knew that he wasn't fond of Charles.

King Calvin grunted before he said, "Move out of the way!" With that, he retreated back into the carriage where Valerie sat. Prince Charles' face darkened in humiliation as he watched his brother's back. He clenched his hands and got into his own carriage.

The common people around them watched the scene between the royal brother and couldn't help but gossip. Their King was always cold-hearted, but they didn't expect him to treat his own brother that way. Everyone was shocked when the King banished Prince Charles and his wife from living in the Palace where every royal of Zaveri was supposed to live in. King Calvin was the first king in history that had banished another royal. The former King and Queen, of course, objected to this but King Calvin had the final say. No one – not even his royal parents – could influence his decision on the matter.

The Queen of Valerie heard the gossip through the carriage wall. She raised an eyebrow and leaned backward. She smirked when she heard some common folk gossiped about King Calvin not acknowledging Prince Charles in public. That must have stung! She would not forget what Avery and Charles did to Valerie's parents. Nobody could escape from the truth and everyone should be punished for murder.

King Calvin climbed into the carriage and sat beside his lover. He calmed down and hugged her. Valerie looked at him. "Are you alright?" He nodded and kissed her temple. "Yes, love. I'm alright", he mumbled and hugged her again. He had to tell her the truth about her parent's death. He was not sure if she knew or not, but he hoped she wouldn't leave him. He should have exposed his good-for-nothing brother and Avery at the start. He didn't know what he was thinking, hiding the truth. He mockingly laughed at himself for being such an idiot. He had just dug a grave for himself.

"What are you laughing at?" Valerie peeked at him from the corner of her eyes. Calvin relaxed and said, "I just remembered something funny". She suspiciously glanced at him before letting it go. Calvin sighed in relief. He can't tell her the truth now. He had to find a good time. Hopefully, they will talk when they reached his palace.

Once they reached the palace, several servants and royal members of Zaveri greeted them. They were so excited to meet the girl who stole the King's heart. Valerie placed her hand on Calvin's and stepped out of the carriage. "Welcome home", Calvin kissed her and smiled. She smiled back as he led them into the huge palace. Everything was made of gold, black and white marble. There was a large, green garden at the front of the entrance. The weather was hot as Valerie placed her hand above her eyes, blocking the sun.

King Calvin noticed it. "Bring me a parasol". The servant immediately did as he was told. A few minutes later, the servant showed up again with a white parasol. Valerie watched as the servant placed the Egyptian-like-parasol over their head. Calvin glared at the servant when he neared Valerie. The servant was terrified and stepped two steps back. Calvin moved his gaze and then held Valerie's hand. She mentally rolled her eyes at his actions. The servant held the parasol over the King's and his fiancée's heads as he walked behind them.

The former King and Queen warmly greeted Valerie and treated her like she was their own daughter. They had avoided to bring up her parents due to fear of upsetting her. It must have been tough for her. She was forced to be a Queen at such a young age. They made sure that she felt like home.

After hours of talking with her fiancé parents, they finally made their way towards Calvin's chamber. Valerie's skin was fair and a little red due to the sun. nevertheless, she was the most beautiful woman Calvin had ever seen. He continued to adore her in his mind as they walked to their destination. He had a knowing look on his face and winked at her. Valerie confusedly glanced at him before shaking her head.

Why would he suddenly wink at her?

Just as they were about to enter Calvin's chamber, Valerie stopped at her track. Calvin immediately followed her action. He furrowed his brows and looked at her. Before he could say anything, Valerie stalked forwards. His line of sight followed her, and he widened his eyes when he saw Charles and Avery. "Damn it!", he cursed under his breath. He immediately followed after her.

Prince Charles felt someone was staring at him. He wanted to talk to his brother about something, therefore Avery and he decided to go to King's Calvin's chamber. Prince Charles turned around and his eyes increased when he saw a beautiful fairy. Her silky, black hair was braided in one of the most popular braids in Zaveri. She wore a white, light dress that enchanted her beauty. When she was nearing him, he could see her feature. Charles let go of Avery when he realized that the beautiful girl was, in fact. the love-struck Valerie. She had grown into a gorgeous woman. Her facial had sharpened, and puberty hit her good.

Avery frowned when she saw her husband looking at another woman, but immediately hid it. She softly smiled and placed her hands on his arm. "Charles?" Her breath tingled his neck. Prince Charles dozed out and glanced at his wife. He slightly shook his head and smiled at her. He put his arm around her waist and moved his gaze back to the breathtaking girl who he recognized as Valerie.