Chapter 10

Hello everyone! very sorry this is so late but i've been really sick lately so here you go! love you all thanks for the comments, votes, and fans! ~Dev

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hi, it's Niall," I heard his perfect accent say right when I answered the phone.

"I know I have caller ID," I replied.

"Touché," I could almost hear his smile. I really missed talking to him, I know it had only been a week or two but we used to talk everyday. 

"So what's up?" I asked, "I'm gonna be at dance in about ten minutes so you're gonna have to make it quick."

"Oh what are you rehearsing for?" He asked, trying to avoid the subject of Ali, which I know is why he called.

"We have a competition in Miami in seven weeks, we gotta start working out choreo." I said, pulling off the freeway. 

"Oh really?" He asked, "The guys and I are going to be in Miami in about seven weeks for a festival. Maybe I'll see you there."

"Yeah!" I tried to sound less excited than I was but truthfully I was stoked I was going to be seeing Niall. "Hey, Ni, I know I said ten minutes but traffic was a bit quicker than expected, is there anything else you wanted to say? Cause I gots to go." 

"I just wanted to make sure you were OK, you know, with Ali and I" I could hear his voice drop and so did my stomach.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be," I could feel my attempt at sounding happy dreadfully failing. "It's not like we're dating or anything, we're just friends Niall."

"I know, but I also know you haven't forgotten what I said, about waiting for you."

Damn, why did his voice have to be so perfect. "Yeah but Niall, thats two years from now, things are going to happen, and we agreed thats OK." I reminded him. "But uh, listen, I have to go Farrah just showed up too, talk to you later yeah?"

"Of course, bye Brooklyn." 

I hung up the phone and got out of my truck, I grabbed my bag and walked towards Farrah. "Hey girl!" I pulled her into a hug.

"Long time no see Boo," she said, all the dance girls also call me Boo.

"So what's planned today?" I asked, Farrah was the oldest so she was usually the one to put us into competitions and plan out everything.

"I'll explain when we get inside, I think everyone is here already." 

And sure enough she was right, I walked in the room to see my 5 favorite people all wearing sweat pants, cut of tee shirts, and messy buns.

"Ok girls," Farrah tried to get out attention, I took a seat next to Chanti and Allison. "So we're performing in Miami in seven weeks! We're going to be doing a group performance, Al and Boo, I signed you up for a duet, I'm thinking you could do that one from last year?" Allison and I looked at each other, we both knew what duet she was talking about because it was one of our best ones. "And, I'm not even finished yet, drum roll please?" we all made a drum roll using our tongues out hands and our legs. "We have been selected as one of four drops to perform in the opening number!" This was huge, we have never been selected for something like this before, we all clapped and hugged each other, then we got to work. The opening song was broken hearted by Karmin, and we new we had to do the best out of everyone to set out position in the competition. 

We rehearsed for hours and then went for dinner. After dinner I decided it would be best to had home, I had a lot of homework to get done. When I got in the car I saw I had a text.

From, Malcolm

Hey! You owe me lunch. Tomorrow?

Reading the text my heart started beating faster and I got butterflies in my stomach.

OH NO

Am I starting to like malcolm, like really really like?