chapter 1

Midnight Hound

Chapter 1: The Actual Beginning

Sometime ago...

A certain peculiar looking Houndour pup was just waking up from a peaceful midnight slumber in his cave. His parents were nowhere to be seen in the area. As he looked around he only saw one relative who happened to still be asleep, a male evolved version of the Dark Pokemon, or simply just called, Houndoom. The Houndoom didn't seem too old, possibly an older teen. The Houndour gave a barely audible yip before he ran over to the dozing hound and pounced on him, making the older dog jump up in a flash.

"Bro! Wake up! Wake up!" howled Houndour, though the sound of his voice wasn't loud enough to actually be considered a howl. The larger canine yawned being forced to wake up,showing his huge fangs compared to the Houndour's tiny ones.

"Hey Dusk...What's the rush to..." He attempted to finish before giving another groggy yawn. "...get up so quickly...?" The Houndoom finished examining outside the cave realizing that it was only just beginning to get to dawn.

"I couldn't sleep knowing that today's the day you said you are going to teach me how to use my moves!" Yipped the excited Houndour practically bouncing around the large cave by this point.

The Houndoom realized that he did promise to take his little brother out to finally train, but he was so tired, and it was so early...He tried to find an excuse to get a few more hours of sleep in. "How's about we wait 'til like midday, okay buddy?" He said in the nicest tone possible to his beloved little bro.

Dusk's mouth began to wobble, and his pupils dilated to an undefinable size as his eyes watered. His older brother already knew what this could mean if he didn't do something quickly. "M-m-m-" Tiny Dusk began to say making the Houndoom panic.

"W-wait Dusk-" The older brother tried to say, but it was already too late.

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" The Houndour wailed to the top of his lungs making himself quite heard.

His older bro thought fast and hoisted his brother up on his back and running out of the cave. "Alright, alright you win. I'll go train you." Shushed the Houndoom trying to stifle another yawn as Dusk cheered and hugged his older brother on the back, little did he know how long he would have his brother after that...

Present Day...

Dusk woke up, now taking a look around his surroundings...

Dusk, was that Houndoom's name. That abnormal Houndoom living an abnormal life style. Only Houndoom to be able to breath ice instead of fire. He lives within the woods of Mystic Forest, current home to over seventy species of Pokemon. Located on the world map on Forla Island, which isn't really too close to any region in particular.

Dusk was currently thinking over a dream that he just had, he couldn't really tell what it was about because it was really blurred out to him. It was obvious by now that he was nowhere near the same as his puppy self though. He was more quiet, and preferred to be alone more than anything. Who could blame him?

He didn't have too many memories of his puppyhood, he didn't really remember how the members of his pack even looked. Did he even have friends...? Sometimes a faint memory would come back, maybe in a dream or something, but for some reason he could not remember unless it could hit him in a much stronger way. It didn't really matter, today was a different day but with the same bull shit to come with it.