chapter 12

Chapter 12: Settled Conflicts

Author's Note: Heyo everyone, and welcome to Chapter 12 of my story, Midnight Hound!

I won't be saying anything about this chapter, just read it, you know. Still, I am pretty sure you've guessed what was going to happen already either way so oh well. Let's get into it, shall we?

Disclaimer: Pokemon belongs to the people over at Game Freak, I only own my own characters. Please enjoy.

The room was dark when Dusk entered, no torches or anything were lighting up the area like the other dens. The hound was still able to look around however thanks to his gifted night vision.

There was a lot of space in the area.

"Who are you?" Said a voice to Dusk.

Before he could turn, a couple of flamethrowers shot around the room, lighting up the torches that surrounded the room, and of course, lighting up the room.

Dusk was now face to face with a Houndoom that was even taller and bigger than he was. His bright orange eyes that seemed to burn like a wildfire bore into Dusk's red ones. He also had a claw mark within his right horn.

Some of their features, were rather similar. Their eye whites, the specific way their claws and paws were shaped...

"Name's Dusk."

"What...?"

The Houndoom looked him over, the way how his fur was an ash black and red instead of jet black and dark orange. His eyes, the way his horns and wrist braces were transparent as glace.

"N-No...you can't be him…I refuse to believe you! Don't play games about my brother you damn mutt!" The Houndoom snarled with his lips curling back and fur standing on edge.

"You're my brother…? Shade...my...big brother…"

"You...remember...I mean, know my name? I've never seen you before..."

The Houndoom name Shade calmed down a bit, but was still on his guard. Keeping his distance and ready to strike just in case.

Dusk nodded.

"I lost my memory after I escaped the gunmen, I only remembered my own name...But we used to play together, you would take me out training most of the time when I was a puppy. I even remember the day you were so lazy to get me to train...so I called mom like the baby I was…"

Dusk laughed, remembering all of the old times that he could as Shade stood up properly, seemingly speechless.

"What's...your nickname, Dusk? If you remember."

"How could I forget something like that? I never would say this but...Lil' Ice Storm."

The Houndoom held his head low, tears beginning to run freely down his face and drip onto the ground. "I...can't...believe it…"

Shade immediately pulled his little brother under him and started to sob, wrapping his hind legs around him. Dusk's eyes also began to water, this time he didn't try to hide it either. His tears flowed, like a tiny salty waterfall as he sobbed with his older bro.