Chapter 6

Hadley decided to go with Carlos to his practice with Ben. Her arms were crossed as she chewed gum watching them. Oh um hey Hadley. Ben said looking at her in interest. Hey. She said with her arms crossed. Um, Okay. Carlos, we're gonna do some sprints. You ready? He said and Carlos yelled, Oh! Ah! No, wait! He ran fast and Ben not knowing why he said sweet. Oh my god, Hadley said as Carlos said, No! Ah! Hadley ran after him and Ben was wondering where she was going. Hadley? Carlos? Carlos! Ben yelled.

Hadley saw that he was on a tree scared because of a dog and she was annoyed, Carlos yelled, No, stop! Hads! Help me! Ben said, Carlos! Hadley! Carlos said, Hads? Ben? Ben said, Whoa-Whoa-Whoa! Carlos said, Ben, help me! This thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat. This is a vicious, rabid pack animal! Seriously Carlos? Have you seen the pictures of Cerberus? Hadley said. Ben looked at Hadley knowing Cerberus was a huge three headed dog, Hades had. Ben soon asked, Hey, who told you that?

His mother. Hadley said and Ben asked as he held the dog, Cruella? Carlos said, She's a dog expert. A dog yellerer. Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you! Ben said, Carlos, you've never actually met a dog, have you? Carlos said, Of course not. Ben said, Dude, meet Carlos and Hadley. Carlos, Hadley, this is dude. He's the campus mutt. He offered Hadley to pet him and she looked at him and annoyed soon pet him as Carlos said, He doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack animal. Jeez. You're a good boy, aren't you? You're a good boy.

Ben asked, I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island. Carlos said, Yeah. Let's just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs. Ben said, Good boy. Hadley looked at him weirdly and Ben soon said, I mean, you're a good runner. You're... you're fast, you know. Carlos said, Oh. Yeah. Thank you. Ben said, Yeah. Listen, I'm gonna give you guys some space, yeah? You guys get to know each other and just, you know, come find me when you're done, okay? Carlos replied saying, Okay. Okay Bye. Hadley said leaving. Ben said, I'll see you later. Carlos said, See you out there. He soon said to Dude, Hi. Hi. Oh! Thank you.

Ben was running to Hadley soon saying, Hey Hadley! What Ben? She said a little annoyed. Did you think about the offer on the art classes? Still thinking about it handsome. She said smirking. She kissed his cheek teasing him and soon walked away once again. Ben put his hand to his cheek and thought, she makes me feel different. A good different.

In the girls dorm, Hadley, Mal, Evie, and Jane Jane said, Mom said, "If a boy can't see the beauty within", then he's not worth it." Can you believe it? What world does she live in? Mal said, Auradon. Evie asked, Hadley, Mal, do you like? Mal said, Yeah. It's cute. It brings out your eyes. Evie said, I know.
Jane then said, I'll never get a boyfriend. Hadley said, Boyfriends are overrated.

Evie said, And how would you know, Hadie? You've never had one. Hadley said, It's 'cause I don't need one, E. They're a waste of time. Evie said, I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no. Hadie said, And that is exactly what I mean. A girl with black hair came in saying, Hey, guys! I'm Lonnie. My mom's Mulan? No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair. And I know you hate us, and, well, you're evil. But do you think you could do mine? Lonnie said.

Why would I do that for you? Mal said and Lonnie said, I'll pay you 50 dollars. Evie said, Good answer. I need to buy more material. Let's see, I'm thinking, we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights. Lonnie said, Yeah, yeah. I want it cool. Like Hadley's. You don't want my hair and soon she lit it on fire. Oh then I'll do Mal's. Mal... Really? The split ends, too? Evie said.

Mal annoyed said, Okay... "Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair." Lonnie looked in the mirror. Evie said, I know. I know. It looks like a mop on your head. You know what? Let's cut it off, layer it...
Lonnie said, No, no, no, no, no, no! I love it. Evie confused, asked You do? Lonnie said, It's just... She ripped the bottom of her dress and said, Now I'm cool. Hadley said, Like ice. Jane ripped hers soon saying, What did I just do? Mom's gonna kill me!