~ Chapter 1 ~ Your Pain ~

I watch from my locker, down the hall, at the boy named Alex.

He looks down, trying to hide from all of us. He didn't have such a great start to the year. Everyone seems to hate him now.

I don't.

He hurridly gets everything for his next class out of his locker, not wanting any trouble with anyone.

I hear echoing laughter from the stairwell, and the gang of popular jerks from the school errupt through the doors. Alex sees them, and moves faster, taking his note books and binders, and shuts his locker, fumbling with the lock.

He isn't fast enough; one of the jerks gets him right in the gut, making Alex drop his things, and fall to the ground.

I never thought that people could be like this, until this year when I witnessed it myself. I never could imagine that people in the world could actually be so heartless towards other kids who weren't any less than them. And I knew heartless, considering what happened to me before.

The boys start walking down the hall, and one calls back "fag!", making the rest laugh.

Alex just sits there for a few moments, shaking his head, frustrated with everything.

But I knew he was strong.

No one did anything for him. Everyone just watched, either laughing or not caring, then went back to do their own thing.

To tell you something about him, he was fine last year. He had some friends, he also had one best friend, who sadly had to move and leave him behind. He also had one friend who just recently took his own life.

Alex had bought a whole new wordrobe before school started. He bought a lot of button downs, baseball shirts, and various other styles of clothing, which everyone made fun of, but to be honest, I thought it was really cute.
I would have thought that would be the cool thing to wear, but I guess everyone wanted to have something to make fun of, after the last school nerd sadly swallowed a big amount of little white capsules. Alex's best friend.

Alex regains his strength, gathers his things, and scurries to class.

Why didn't anyone do anything about him? Why didn't anyone help him? Why didn't I do anything? I shut my locker, and start walking down the hall.

Why the fuck didn't I do anything?

***

Hi guys! I just wanted to make something that would show that bad things always get better. And it's going to be a good story by the way.
And also if you're wondering it's going to be a love story.
And the song up there or to the right is what I'm thinking will be the theme for the story.

Vote for more!

I hope you like it!