05

This could be a start of something new🙃😶.

Miriam turned and turned, something's not right.

Ugh! It's a school day! She remembered and sat upright  immediately throwing her blanket. She checked the time, 7:35 !

"Miriam! " she scolded herself "why must you always be late for school now you are already 5 minutes late for schools devotion!" She scolded again dashing to the bathroom.

Why didn't mum wake me up. She thought. 7:45 she's out of the bathroom and is  wearing her school's uniform.

"Stupid socks!" She cursed as she dragged her bag running out of her room.

"Mum! No need for breakfast I'm late!" She announced as she ran outside. James was already waiting for her in the car.

"Why did you not wake me!" She said slapping James arms
"Ouch!That's mum's job and good morning to you too"  James said as he reversed the car.
"Why didn't she wake me up?"  She whined.
"She had a long night at the hospital she's still sleeping. You should be thankful to Stephen I would have still been on bed if not for his call."
"What do you mean by his call?"  She asked buckling her seat belt
"He called to check on you, he did not see you in school so he called to make sure you are okay." He said with a smirk. Miriam was silent.
"So you two reconciled huh?" He teased as Miriam gave him the death stare.
"I don't know what you are talking about, as far as I'm concerned that boy is dead to me." She said thinking of yesterday's night.
"Really, same thing you said about Marilyn."  He said as the both of them laughed.

Yes she and Marilyn had a rough start. They were both beauty queens with brains so they had always been against each other till they sort their differences.

"Marilyn is different, Stephen calls me Mrs bean and claims I have Mr bean smile!" She pointed out as Stephen snorted, Miriam gave him the death stare and hit his arm.
"Ouch! Now that's the second time young lady." He said as he pulled to the driveway.
"Adios amigo!" He shouted as he opened the door for her.
"Stop embarrassing me " she responded stepping on him.
"Ouch!"
.
.
      Miriam ran to her class. She had missed morning devotion luckily for her she was a senior so she couldn't get punished.  She walked past bodies at the hallway covering her nose with her kerchief, she hated the smell of sweat. When she got to her class she slum on her chair .

"Not so fast princess."  A voice came as she squeaked
"You scared me." She said holding her chest and counting her breath.
"You're late."
"So?" She retorted taking a chance to look at the person talking.

He was really dark ,small and not privileged in height. Plus he wore glasses.

"I know this isn't your former school but here seniors show examples and if a senior is seen breaking any rule including lateness!" He emphasized "he or she is to pay a sum of money" he concluded .
"I'm new." was the only thing she could think of at the time.
"This rule applies to all student, new or .."
"I'll take it from here Nonso." A voice said again patting the small lad on the shoulder.
"Um Stephen this is my job, I must make sure..."
"The senior prefect tells you to drop the case I'll handle it" He says sternly as Nonso leaves reluctantly .

"So Mrs bean, why are you late?" He asked with a smirk.
"I overslept." she replied rolling her eyes
"Aww you were so busy thinking about me you forgot it was way past your bed time." He teased.
"No de feel yourself." She said with a grin (Nigerian pidgin for don't feel important)
" I can't feel myself when I have you to do the job." He said with a cocky  smirk .
"Ewe! Pervert" She said hitting him. Just as they were talking a teacher came in as Stephen left for his seat.