The Better Twin-Toni Topaz Imagine

Written for eccyuk 

"Woo!" I burst out the doors of Southside High with my two fellow serpents Sweetpea and Fangs, my eyes land on my twin Jughead sitting on the steps next to my long-time crush Toni Topaz. Jughead quickly stood up from the steps with a worried look on his face, "What's going on?", "This hellholes officially closed. We're done. No more Southside High." exclaims Sweetpea, the serpents and I let out a cheer, Toni's face morphs to confusion "What? How?" she asks, I step forward, "They say it's dangerous, it's gonna be quarantined, who cares? We're all going to different schools.", Jug steps up again, "This doesn't make sense. Where are you guys going?" he asks. Sweetpea motions towards the duo, "Same as you, and you, and Fangs and Kat. We're going to Riverdale High". I saw Jughead's face change. Toni and I glanced at him worriedly. Sweetpea and Fangs begin to play fight, "Think of all those Northside heads to knock" my lips twitch into a smile at the thought. As we run off with Fangs and Sweetpea leading, I turn back and catch eyes with Toni.

Today's the day, the day the Serpents take over Riverdale High, hearing the bell ring we make our way through the doors, with me, Jughead, Toni, Fangs and Sweetpea leading. We ignore the looks thrown our way and make our way towards the welcoming committee of Veronica Lodge and Archie Andrews, my eyes lock with Veronicas and I find myself rolling them as she opens her mouth, "Friends. On behalf of the students and faculty here at Riverdale High, welcome to your new school. To ease this transition I've set up a registration desk where you can get locker assignments, class schedules and a list of sports and extracurricular's ." She releases a smile before continuing. "We encourage each and every once of you to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale." "Stand down Eva Peron" Jughead and I avert out gaze to the ground at the familiar voice of head bitch herself, Cheryl Blossom. Cheryl, along with Reggie Mantle, lead a group down the steps towards us. Jughead speaks up gesturing between us "There's the school spirit we so fondly remember". As Cheryl continues to stride towards us Veronica responds to her earlier comment, "Cheryl, no one invited Fascist Barbie to the party." "Wrong Veronica. No one invited Southside scum to our school." I go to take a step forward with Toni beside me, Cheryl, unfortunately continues her speech, "Listen up ragamuffins. I will not allow Riverdale High's above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms overcrowded with underachievers. So, please, do us all a favour and find some other school to debase with your, hardscrabble ways." Toni takes another step forward as I idly follow, "Why don't you come over here and say that to my face" I notice the other three step up behind me as Cheryl replies, "Happily, Queen of the Buskers." I feel an hand wrap around my arm before I can take another step forward, my glare diverts to jughead next to me. Archie is quick to step in between the two groups, "Okay, guys. Everyone. Can we just put our Northside-Southside differences apart and start over?" I feel anger continue to bubble inside of me at that sentence, "A new slate?" Reggie cuts Archie off "You don't speak for the Bulldogs Andrews. And need I remind you, these greasers-snakes showed up at your place to kick your ass" I feel someone shove their way between me and Toni and know just from the force that it was Sweetpea, "Time to finish what we started." Jughead is quick to release me and make a grab for Sweetpea instead, fangs following not far behind. "I am so over the toxic masculinity in this hallway right now" I pipe up, sharing a smile with Toni. We all stop at the sound of Principle Weatherbee's voice, "All right. Enough pomp and circumstance. Everyone let's get to class. Now." Jughead pushes Sweetpea forward and I feel Toni grab my hand to follow causing a light blush to coat my cheeks, eliciting a teasing smile from Fangs.

As I'm making my way back from the library I see Weatherbee leading my twin and the rest of the Serpents out of the student lounge and pick up my pace in order to join them. I step next to Toni and ask what's going on, only to receive a shrug in response, I fall further back into the group, hidden behind Sweetpea. We come to a stop in front of the school seal, where I see a badly draw Serpents logo, I lock eyes on the smug face of Reggie Mantle and hardly notice when the others leave, yet I stay where I am. "Kat?", I turn my head and smile, "Go with the others Toni, I'll catch up" she nods and continues on behind my brother and the others. Weatherbee and Reggie stay where they are, I stride over to Reggie and stop just in front of him, he smirks down at me, and just as he begins to open his mouth, I bring my fist back and smile and the satisfying crack of my knuckles connecting with his nose, he groans as his head is tilted back slightly. "Miss Jones!" shouts Weatherbee, I turn keeping the same smile on my face, "I know, I know. I'll see you after school, and by the way, a Serpent would've drawn it better" rolling my eyes, I begin walking away before realising Toni and the other had stopped at the end of the hallway, waiting for me. Sweetpea and Fangs had grins so big they rival the Chesire Cat, Jughead is shaking his head releasing small chuckles and Toni just stand with a soft smile on her face. I stop in front of her and slowly bow my head allowing my lips to meet hers briefly, I move away ignoring the hollering coming from Sweetpea and Fangs, "Wow Kat", she smiles, "Definitely a better kisser than your twin" I turn to jughead with a teasing grin, "Hear that brother?" releasing a laugh we turn and begin walking down the hall, I wrap my arm around Toni's shoulder and lead her after the boys with a smile gracing both our lips.