Chapter 8

Thank you for reading Enjoy 😉

Chapter 8

Dillon

       I don't think I've seen someone race to the bathroom for a shower as fast as Kayleigh just did. I know it's not me. I just got here and barely walked in the door, so I have to believe it's Nate's fault. I'll just go with that first and see if he can prove me wrong, but I doubt it. If a woman is running away from my brother that fast, he's done something to her.

     I'm still very confused about how my brother ended up here last night. I know he was at Reese's house after the game last night. I tracked his phone after the millionth text from the jerk. I know he was extremely drunk, not that I blame him, the game sucked. I also called Reese this morning when I checked my messages. I had the last message at one thirty asking me to change his locks on his house because "the crazy bitch got in again!" I am all for locking psycho chick out. I'm not above screwing with Carla's plans for my brother, but after midnight, really?

     Reese said Nate left his place around midnight, so he must have gone home and found the crazy one waiting for him. So I've deduced he left and came here? Not that Nate wouldn't do that if Kayleigh needed him, but she doesn't have a phone. At least she didn't until Nate brought it over last night. I only know that because as I start getting breakfast setup on the kitchen island, Nate is leaning against the counter quietly setting up Kayleigh's phone for her. He is also plugging in the numbers for Dillon, me, and him. I know it's just so she's got his number. I glance over and laugh at the idiot. He's taking a selfie of himself to go along with his number.

      Yeah! A little much, right!?

     I know my brother, and this is not his style. He had a sure thing with Carla last night and I have no idea what happened. Not that I'm not thrilled that he's finally dumping her.  But getting up at the crack of dawn to get the locks changed then hiding at Nate's place this morning from the crazy one who was there banging on the door is not my idea of fun. Well it is, but I didn't plan it. I'm guessing her plans didn't go her way and for the first time ever Nate turned her down.

      "Care to explain yourself?" I ask, setting the fruit on the counter. I pull out bagels, cream cheese and a big bowl of scrambled eggs to empty my bag. "Not that messing with the crazy one's pea size brain this morning wasn't fun, but how did you end up here, drunk as a skunk last night, when I know you went home first? You've been cranky about needing to get laid for days and you had a sure thing in crazy town last night. Were you really hiding from her?" Nate's face scrunches up.  He doesn't want to admit it but that little brat was hiding!

      "Uh... no, I wasn't hiding, exactly ... and I don't know what to tell you... it depends on why you want to know." Nate responds, looking around the corner for Kayleigh. He eyes the bathroom door like he's Superman or something. Does he really think he can see her through a closed door?

     He must think I don't notice he has yet to correct me on Carla's nickname. I'm very aware of how many times he's asked me to be nice to her, so not asking me right now stands out. It couldn't stand out any brighter than if Nate stood in front of me in a neon pink tutu doing pirouettes. He's hiding something and I'm betting her name is Kayleigh and she's hiding from him in the bathroom. What exactly did he do?

      "She's in the shower, Nate. Give her some space, geez! Now talk! Why would you come here when I know the crazy one was at your place last night and this morning, banging on the door as soon as I had the locks changed. And what did you do to Kayleigh? She looks like you kicked her puppy?!" I demanded an explanation.

     Nate has a bad habit of having one night stands. I know that for a fact. I'm the one that has to clean up his messes. I'm a patient and very nice person, most of the time. The one thing I'm not is a pushover. I've seen Nate and his friends use so many girls over the years. And I've had to walk many to the open door when they were done with them. My friend list is very small because of it. But this wasn't a one night stand. It's definitely about something more than sex. I talked to Kayleigh not an hour ago and she was fine, happy, or she hides her feelings really well. I think it was the first option.