Pronounciation

luz x fem!reader
(italics are flawed and/or accented voice)
(normal text is Japanese)
definitions will be placed in the comments
swear warning
fluff
.
requester: none

Reader's pov
"Luz-kun! Luz-kun!"

I hollered out to my boyfriend, who sat somewhere across the room as I ran straight towards him, waving my phone as I approach him in a tackle-like hug.

"(Y/N)-chan! What can I do for you~?"

He asks, a honeyed voice accompanying the string of words that escaped his lips as he looked at me with a smile.

"Can you pronounce this?"

I asked, setting my phone onto a singular page as a single word was typed onto it.

'Nakakapagpabagabag.'

I knew that Luz was more used to speaking Japanese rather than his kind-of half-ish language, which was Filipino, and therefore I wanted to tease him in his manner of pronunciation of the word and how he can properly say it without stumbling upon it.

And yes, for now, I am going to be half Filipino.

"Oh...uh...napapakaggabagabab..?"

I died upon hearing that escape his mouth, covering my mouth that stood agape as I fell onto the ground, tears leaving my shut eyes and whimpers escaping my mouth.

"O-Oi! Don't laugh at me! Di ko alam paano mag-pronounce!"

Spoke Luz, his face in shades of vermillion from embarrassment. I could imagine the steam coming out from his ears.

"Watch! Nakakapaggabagabag! Ah, shit! Nakakapagbagagabab! Wait, no! Nakakapaggabagabag! Damn it!"

I watched Luz stumble upon his attempts of pronouncing the word, absolutely dying from his fruitless attempts as he finally sighed in defeat, on his knees as his hands were planted onto the ground.

"Please teach me, (Y/N)-chan..."

After finally calming down from my moment of laughter, I began teaching Luz about the word, trying my best not to laugh at Luz.

"It's nakakapagpabagabag. It means worrisome."

"Ah, so, nakakapaggagabab?"

"Pfft—no. Na-ka-ka-pag-pa-ba-ga-bag."

"Na-ka-ka-pag-pa-ba-ga-bag."

"Nice! Let's focus on pronunciation now!"

timeskip

By the time Luz knew how to speak the word properly, he then began bragging it to his friends, literally laughing at those who mispronounce the word.

"Hey, (Y/N)-chan!"

The said male spoke, running towards me to hug me once more, as I welcomed it with warm, open arms, feeling his body collide with mine.

"Thanks for teaching me how to pronounce it! I can bully my friends now." He said in a devilish like manner, a tiny laugh escaping his lips at the end of his sentence as I snickered at him.

"You dork. This is why I love you."

"But I'm your dork~ You'll never leave me, even if I'm not good at Tagalog anymore~ I love you, smart (Y/N)-chan~"