Chapter 6

Hi, everyone, here you go with the new chapter of the book.

Btw did you guys see my new book 'Promises to Forever'? It's on my profile. Go and have a look. I am sure you would love to see married MaNan and their cute love after marriage.

Next chapter after 100+ votes

👇🏻

Manik and Nandini are not in talking terms. The distance between them is increasing day by day. Nandini tried to talk to Manik and solve the matter but everytime Manik backs out and ignores her. He is the one who started the ignore game first and Nandini is the one following him.

It's been two days since the night Nandini got wet in the rain. As Nandini has problem with cold, she got fever. But she didn't tell Manik about her health. She continued doing all the works with the high fever only. It was difficult for her but she cared less.

At night while having dinner Manik noticed Nandini was not looking fine. She was looking so pale. Her eyes were with dark circles under them. He thought of asking her but couldn't. But Manik knew Nandini is not okay.

He still didn't need her words.....

After dinner Nandini was not able to stand properly. She was shaking badly due to the effect of fever. So, she kept everything on its place as fast as she could and went to her room, then lied down. In a fraction of second, she fell asleep. Her body was weak also she was tired.

Other side, Manik was not able to concentrate on his work. Only Nandini's pale face was coming in his mind. "I should check her once. Yeah, I will go and come back seeing her from outside." Manik thought in mind. So, he got up and went to Nandini's room to check on her.

Manik stood outside of Nandini's room and peaked in. There he found Nandini sleeping crumbling under the blanket. She was holding it tightly in her grip. She was looking sick. Manik also saw Nandini murmuring something in her sleep. Manik went near her and found her calling her mother in sleep.

Manik looked at her face carefully and unknowingly kept his hand on her forehead. He was shocked as he found her burning with fever. Manik was terrified seeing so much fever. He was not able to think anything straight what to do. After a lot of struggle, he decided to call his mother thinking she might suggest her something.

His mother instructed him about what to do and he followed them carefully.

Manik brought some food from kitchen and made Nandini ate them, then gave her medicines. He washed her head with cold water. Then whole night he was awake and kept changing wet cloth from her forehead making sure the temperature decreases.

Manik's pov
You are still the same Nandini. You have not changed even a bit. Still you can't bear a little hardship on yourself. Why are you like this? I became a little strict on you and what did you do to yourself?

I also feel the same pain whenever I try to give you pain. It breaks my heart thousand times to hurt you because you are still my heart. But whenever I remember the pain you gave me, I started hating you more. I can't control my anger.

Why did you do this to us, Nandini? We are standing on this edge because of you. We are so close yet so far. If you had not done that, we would have been a happily married couple like others.
end of Manik's pov

Nandini's fever decreased at early morning. Finding that Nandini's fever is no more, Manik went back to his room. He didn't want Nandini to know that he was there with her whole night taking care of her. He didn't want to give her false hope.

At morning when Nandini got up, she was feeling very weak. She was not able to get up. Her eyes fell on the table clock and she freaked out that it was almost Manik's office's time. She was about to get up hurriedly, when Manik came there.

"I have kept your food on the table. Then take the medicine I kept there. No need of going for the classes today. Take rest," saying this Manik left. He did not wait for her answer and Nandini kept sitting there looking at Manik's retreating figure. She was not expecting him to do so.

Neela came to Manan's place that time it was almost noon. Nandini's family members also came to see her. They left at night as they live nearby. But Neela was about to stay with them for a few days.

Seeing everyone, Nandini became really happy. She was very excited. She was talking with everyone, doing every work though Neela had asked her not to do anything. She is there to do everything. But Nandini couldn't just sit so she decided to help her.

At night, Nandini got fever again. This time Neela kept sitting beside her whole night. She was time to time checking her fever, washing her head with cold water and changing the cloth of her forehead.

Next day also Neela didn't let Nandini do anything. She was was feeding Nandini and taking care of her. Nandini remembered about her mother seeing Neela.

Neela was feeding Nandini that time a loan tear fall from Nandini's eye which didn't go unnoticed by Neela.

Ne (panicking): Nandini why are you crying? Didn't you like the food? Should I make something else for you?

Na (wiping her tears): No, Maa. I am alright. Actually I remember my mother. That's why...

Ne: So what's there to be sad. I am also your mother, right? Never say like that.

Nandini hugged Neela tightly. Finally she got the warmth of her mother in her which she was missing from a long time.

Neela stayed with for 7 more days. Then Nandini got well so she left instructing them to be safe. In these 7 days Nandini enjoyed a lot with Neela. She forgot all her pain.

After Neela left again her daily life started where Manik doesn't even look at her.

Precap: ???

Short update because the response is not at all good. For long update you need to do vote.

Do tell me how was it?

Did you like Neela and Nandini's bond?

Please vote....

05.08.2021