New Recruit

Gajeel had felt relief when he saw the familiar pale skin and ocean blue hair of his long term phantom lord friend. She had left not too long after Gray had suddenly left yesterday and had not come back since. Juvia always woke up and came to the guild everyday before everyone else. Sometimes even before Mira. So Gajeel couldn't help but feel a bit worried about his friend. After all it was past noon now and there was no sign of his friend, until now. Juvia looked around for a second until she spotted her target and her eyes lit up.

She then started walking towards Gajeel's direction with Gray tagging along behind her. Now that wasn't normal. If anything Gray was always avoiding Juvia, so why was he all of a sudden walking in with her? Gajeel started to feel annoyed. Why was that ice bastard walking in with Juvia when he hadn't even seen her all day? 'That ice bastard better not be doing anything freaky with Juvia or I'll smash his face in',Gajeel growled under his breath. He seen what guys like him did to girls. Get what they wanted from them and kicked them to the curb. He wanted more for Juvia, not some ice stripping bastard.

"Hello Gajeel-kun! Good morning!" He heard a joyful voice say. Gajeel sighed. Why did this have to happen when he was having a pretty good day for once? Everytime Juvia and Gray were together in one place it always spelled trouble."Mornin' Sprinkler..." Gajeel huffed. He had been trying to be nicer, as Lily had advised him to, the last time he made Juvia cry.

"What do you want Ice bastard? Got any business with me?"
Gajeel turned to talk to Gray who was silently watching with a cautious look behind Juvia. It was very strange for Gray to even come close to Gajeel so he could tell something was definitely wrong.
"Gajeel. I have a favor to ask. Can you help me with a...problem I have?"
Gray gritted his teeth and looked away scowling. Gajeel could tell Gray hated asking for favors so he decided to play along.
" Excuse me, Ice freak? What'd you want me to do? Help you out?"
Gajeel barked and doubled over in laughter. He could never get enough of this. Then he felt a light slap on his arm. He looked down to see a frowning Juvia.
"Gajeel-kun stop being mean! Gray~sama is trying the best he can to ask for help!"
Gajeel glared at the women but with no real threat in his eyes.
" Then he should be able to man up and ask for it. Besides I don't owe this bastard shit. I have nothing to do with his problems."
Gajeel stood up and started to walk towards the entrance of the guild. "Gajeel I do need your help and its very important. I'll even pay you for your trouble."
Gray said, this time keeping his eyes directly on Gajeel. Gajeel scoffed. Did this guy really think he would help him out just because he offered him a few jewels?
"No thanks. I don't have the time to be helpin' people. I got a life to live you know."
Gray gritted his teeth and tightened his fist. He should have known getting Gajeel's help would be a pain in the ass not to mention almost impossible.
" B-but G-gajeel-kun? I can make b-bread and snacks for you too! I will even make you dinner for a week! Just please help Gray~sama!" Juvia sniffed.

Gajeel could already see where this was going and he mentally facepalmed. Juvia was one evil woman. He turned around. It was best not to look her in the eyes when she got like this. One look and you'll feel like the biggest asshole in the world. He felt small arms tackle him from behind.

"PLEASE GAJEEL-KUN!! I-I'LL E-EVEN MAKE YOU IRON MUFFINS EVERYDAY JUST THE WAY YOU LIKE THEMMMM!" Juvia sobbed in his back.
" Get off me rain woman! I said no and thats it! Get off me damnit!"
Gajeel tried to push her off but she had an iron grip on his waist.
"P-please Gajeel-kun...your the only one who can help..." Juvia whispered so only he could hear. Then Gajeel made one fatal mistake. He turned around and looked at her. And he saw her blue puppy dog eyes. They were staring into his soul and he could already feel himself start to falter. He saw a tear fall down Juvia's cheek and he sighed.

He had already lost when he turned around. Rule number 1 with rejecting Juvia was never look in her eyes. And him neglecting that rule is what led to his untimely demise.
"Fine Juvia. You win..." Gajeel groaned. Juvia's eyes lit up and she cheered.
" Yay! Gajeel-kun will help Juvia and Gray~sama!" Gray laughed.

Gajeel glared." What the hell are you laughing at, Ice freak?!"
Gray doubled over laughing even more.
"I'm laughing at how you let a woman, no less Juvia, guilt-trip you. All she did was fucking cry." Gray sneered.
Gajeel started boiling over.
"Shut the hell up! You would do the same if this evil woman used the same trick on you!" Gajeel growled.
But Gray knew all too well what he meant. After all, earlier that day the same thing was used against him. He couldn't deny it was like magic within itself how she could get people to do whatever she commanded. It was honestly...frightening. Gray shivered.
"Anyway I need to talk to you outside the guild. It's sort of private."
Gajeel huffed and followed Gray outside. Gray explained everything and by the end Gajeel was doubled over laughing.
" Oh shit, this is too good!! How the hell did you get yourself turned into a cat?! Gihee!" Gajeel snarled .
" How the hell am I supposed to know!? Anyway the important question is can you do the damn tracing or not!?" Gray snapped.

"Of course I can do it! Dragon slayers noses are the best there is!" Gajeel exclaimed leaning against the wall of the guild.
"Your gonna pay me right? " Gajeel eyed Gray like he was a criminal about to swindle him. Gray rolled his eyes.
" Of course I am metal face. Your gonna get your damn money. All 3000 jewels." Gajeel nodded.
"Where is Juvia anyway?" Gajeel questioned.
" She's in there talking to Master Makarov. Porlyusica told us we should at least tell Master Makarov we are leaving. We can tell him the real reason we are going. She said Master would understand."

Gray held his hands above his face and looked towards the sky. It was probably about 6 hours before the evening. They had to move quickly.
" Is she going?"
Gajeel's question took Gray completely off guard. He had forgotten to tell Gajeel about Juvia coming.

"Yeah she's coming. I didn't want her to but she insisted. Then she started crying...it was a mess, but I had to agree. It was going to be the death of me if I didn't."
Gajeel let out a bark of laughter as he clutched his stomach.

"You got on me in the guild, when you let her walk all over you too?! Talk about an ass!!"

Gajeel turned and smirked at him as Gray felt his anger and his cheeks growing red with embarrassment.
"I didn't let her walk over me! I was just being a good guildmate and letting her help out when she offered it."
Gray growled trying to maintain his cool.

"Yeah right! I bet she started bawling and your little cool exterior faded away like a chump! Bwahaha!" Gajeel laughed in his face.

Gray was about to punch him in his metal assorted face when Juvia stepped outside. Juvia had a serious expression on her face. "Master wants to talk to us."