Inbetween

Vanessa POV:

After Chris asked me to marry him I left. I couldn't stand being in the house with him I could tell he was hurt, shit I would to. I grabbed my phone out of my purse, and dialed his number I needed someone to talk.

"Hello"

"Hi august"

"Whatup"?

"Nothing really. um you don't mind if I stop by"?

"Naw ion mind" he said breathing hard

"You ight"?

"Yea why?"

"You sound out of breath"

"Naw I'm good I just got back from the gym"

"Oh. well I'll here"

"Already"?!

"Yea let me in ight"

"Hold up I gotta do something" he paused "it's over there baby"

"Someone over"? I asked pulling the key out of the ignition

"Naw" he said in a high pitch. Now I know this nigga lying.

"So if I come in there you got no bitch in there with you"?

"...Um imma come let you in" then he hung up

Now I know this nigga lying. I got out my car and made my way up to his door. Before I could knock on the door it opened up.

"Hey" august smiling. A girl came from behind him and lord I couldn't believe this nigga

"Tammy"?? I said

"Hey girl" she smiled weakly

"So you fucking Tammy"? I asked august

"Ma it ain't even like that"

I kissed my teeth, it's exactly like that.

"Hey august I'll call you later" she said pushing past me "see ya around V"

"Uh yea" I replied not breaking eye contact with August.

"What! you gunna just stand there looking at me?"

"Move nigga" I pushed past him and walking into his house. "I can't believe you" I said walking over to the couch and throwing my purse on it. "You can do better than that Aug" I said turning around to face him. He waked closer to me and grabbed my waist.

"I'm trying to" he said licking his lips

"Obviously not" I pulled his hands away from my waist

"See that's why I can't" he grabbed my waist again. "you always pushing me away V"

"August I have reasons"

"Oh let me guess it's Chris ain't it"? he said sarcastically

"Actually yea"

"I knew it" he let go of my waist and sat down on the couch

"Come on now" I leaned my crunches on the couch and sat next to him. "August he proposed to me"

He looked over at me "he did"?

"Yea"

"And what you say"?

"I told him I needed to think about it"

He kissed his teeth "the fuck is there to think about, you love him right"?

"Yea bu-"

"Then what the hell is there to think about"? he laughed looking back at the tv "you might as well just have said yes"

August was making it worst. With his smart ass mouth, nigga I have my reasons judgmental ass.

"What's holding you back then"? he asked

"Ion know"! I semi yelled

"Then the fuck you come over here for I ain't gunna have the answer"! he snapped back

"I never said you would"

"Then why you over here"?!

"It's you"!

"What"?!

"It's because of you that's why I won't marry him"

"Hold up now I never said you couldn't marry that nigga don't put that shit on me"

I sighed "No Aug I'm in love with you" he looked over at me "that's why I won't marry him" I smiled weakly.