Chapter 13

Eren's POV

Friday

The wonderful sounds of Levi's idyllic singing and Hanji and Mike's instruments filled my head as I walked home from school. My earbuds cord hung from my ears down to my pocket, and swayed with each step I took. I was eager to get home so I could check my laptop, and see if I've received a response from Maria Coffee House.

 I was eager to get home so I could check my laptop, and see if I've received a response from Maria Coffee House

After about 10 minutes of walking, I reached my front door and unlocked it. Walking inside, I set my book bag on the floor behind my couch and tossed my chain of keys containing my house key and car keys onto the counter. I took off the jacket I was wearing and laid it on the back of the couch. Usually, I would saunter around my house accomplishing my daily after-school tasks, but today, I practically raced to my bedroom to unplug my laptop from its charger and take it out into the living room.

Lifting the lid of the laptop up, I opened a new Safari tab to check my email. I refreshed my mail a couple of times just to assure that it was up to date. Right at the top, I had a new notification from the Maria Coffee House email.

----

Dear Eren Jaeger,

This is the manager of Maria Coffee House, Bertholdt Hoover, contacting you to inform you of our acceptance of your application. You have successfully obtained a place as barista. Your training will begin Saturday, October 12th from 7:00 am to 9:30 am. Thank you for applying at this establishment and for your patience. Congratulations!

See you tomorrow,

Bertholdt Hoover

----

Awesome!!! I got the job! I've gotta tell everyone.

After texting Armin and Mikasa, I texted Levi. He might be busy, though. He'll see it later then.

Me: hey levi!

Levi: what's got you excited?

I didn't expect him to answer so quickly.

Me: what do you mean?

Levi: you don't usually use exclamation points when you text me. so, what's up?

Me: well, you know how the other day i applied for a job at the cafe?

Levi: yeah? did you get a response?

Me: yes, and... i got the job!!

Levi: awesome! when do you start?

Me: i start saturday morning. anyways, what are you up to?

Levi: nothing really, just taking a break from writing.

Me: writing what?

Levi: a song, you dummy. :)