Magic & Manipulation

Malia:

Auradon Prep - Girls' Bathroom

The same first day, Jane was in the bathroom, standing at the mirror, checking her very short hair. Malia walked into the bathroom behind her. Jane's eyes widened when she saw Malia's reflection in the mirror.

Malia smiled. "Hi." Jane turned to face her. "It's Jane, right? Ah, always loved that name. Jane."

"That's cool," Jane muttered nervously, starting to leave.

Malia held her hand toward Jane. "Don't go!" Jane stopped, terrified. Malia realized she scared Jane, lowering her hand, speaking softly, pretending to be sad. "I guess I was hoping to kinda make a friend. You probably have all the friends you need though, huh?"

"Hardly," Jane answered bitterly. "Ara's my only friend."

"Really?" Malia asked in fake surprise. "I mean, I get why Ara would be your friend. She's so nice to everybody but definitely has the sassy streak." Jane nodded in agreement. "But, I mean, with your mom being Fairy Godmother and headmistress, I figured you would have a lot more friends. And, I mean, not to mention your own, um... personality."

"I'd rather be pretty, "Jane told her. "You've got great hair."

Malia held a piece of her hair, twirling it with a giggle, getting an idea. "You know what? I have just the thing for that." She showed Jane her spell book, opening it. "It's right..." She flipped through the pages. "Ah, here." She stopped at the right page, smiling at Jane, chanting the spell. "Beware, foreswear, replace the old with brand new hair." She swished her finger back and forth with tiny gasps, making Jane's head turn from side to side, pointing down, making Jane lean down. When Jane looked up, her hair was long, wavy and beautiful. Malia laughed, closing the spell book, turning Jane to look at the mirror. Jane stared at herself in the mirror, shocked and in awe. "Wow! You almost don't notice your... other features anymore."