When The Kids Smoke

Ok, so let me just introduce you to the idea. I'm pretty tired of one shots (not tired actually, I just want to try something new, you know?) so basically, I'll be writing some new preferences, (you'll have an idea how they're like when you read one.) and like I'm taking requests so feel free to send some so I can start working now. Tumblr is ariaaeffed as you might know but I accept them through PM or anything really.

I would love to have some feedback.

Taylor:

Alison had just come home from her ballet practice, something that Taylor truly adored that her child could do and a habit that Karlie had inculcated in Alison.

"How was my little girl's day?"

Taylor smiled, as she quickly put the ice cream in the fridge.

"Mom. I'm 15."

The pale teenager answered, staring at Taylor wondering how could she consider her a little girl at 15.

"Alright. How was my sweetheart's day?"

Taylor asked, taking off her gloves when she saw that Alison put down her school bag on top of the counter.

"It was good. Ballet was tiring. Everything's fine really."

Alison cracked a smile, but a fake one now Taylor realized.

Taylor wondered why would she have been lying, Alison was not one to lie. What if she was bullied at school, like Taylor herself once was? What if she had well, broke up with a boyfriend that Taylor and Karlie had absolutely no idea about?

"Baby, is something wrong?"

Taylor questioned while Alison simply sat down on the dinner table, awaiting her lunch.

"No, Mom. I'm fine really. I just need to eat. I'm tired you know."

Alison replied, drumming her fingers on the table, waiting for her Mom to bring out her food.

"Alright then. I believe you."

Taylor nodded and turned her attention back to the lunch she had prepared for her daughter. A chicken salad along with the icecream wasn't something that Alison could keep her hands off, even though she was a fussy eater like Karlie herself was.

Taking up her plate to Alison and sitting down with her, Taylor further conversed about the girl's day at school.

Alison too enumerated about how boring History class was, how one of her friends was asked out by a popular jock and so on.

"When's Mama coming home?"

Alison got up from her chair and placed her dish in the sink.

"Karlie would be home sometime late evening. Glamour photoshoot."

Taylor answered while the girl nodded and took to her bedroom with Olivia resting in her arms.

Taylor pondered over why did Alison become so distant lately, normally she would spend hours waiting for Taylor to bake her something or even talk about boys and everything that suited her fancy. Now, Taylor supposed that the teenage years had gotten grip of her and she must be busy with all the other commitments that both of her parents had loaded her with.

She could hear the terrible noise of screamo and band music which she supposed was Fall Out Boy. Sighing under her breath, she revisited the days when she was singing with Fall Out Boy for Victoria's Secret and the exact same day when she had met Karlie for the first time.

As she scrubbed the platform counter, her eyes swung to Alison's bag, which had been forgotten open on the counter.

She reached for it but due to the moistness in her hands, it slipped right through her arms and onto the floor, it's contents drawn all over.