Chapter 6: Being the Mystery Girl

1 Missed Call - Voicemail

"Hello, love. It's Harry. Listen, the boys and I are going to be at the London Eye around 1 PM, so if you and Maddie decide to come be there around that time. One of the boys or I will go around the barrier to get the both of you. See you soon."

I make sure to save his number in my phone before texting him,

We'll be there :)

"What time are we leaving?" Maddie asks from across the room, looking up from the gossip magazine she was flipping through.

"He said to be there around 1 and it's 11:30 now... How long will it take to get there?"

"My phone was saying like 5 minutes, but we have to cross the river."

"So traffic could be bad," I finish for her.

"Exactly."

"Let's head out in an hour then."

"An hour?! That's not long enough! There's so much to do!" she jumps out of her seat and dashes to the bathroom. The lock clicks after she shuts the door.

Great. I guess I have to wait to shower.

I grab my phone and head down to the lobby.

Walking down the hotel's stairs, I hum Good Life by OneRepublic:

"Oh this has gotta be a good life,

gotta be a good life,

oh this could really be a good life,

a good, good life..."

As I pass the newstand in the lobby, a one particular newspaper cover catches my eye. I stop and examine it closer, it reads,

"Harry Styles Seen With Mystery Girl"

Mystery girl? Probably some girlfriend the media's just dying to learn about! Poor lad, it just never stops, does it?

I take a closer glimspe at the picture noticing that she has fiery red hair, just like me. That's odd. What a coincidence. My grey eyes widen as I finally realize, I'm the 'Mystery Girl.' A huge knot forms in my stomach, growing with each passing second.

I go to the front desk, and slide the paper over the counter, I choke out,"I have to buy this."

The greasy haired weasel says, "I see you're keeping up with One Direction."

"If only." I mutter before basically throwing the money at him and running back into the stairwell. I collapse on the landing of the stair, and lean against the wall, rifling through the pages before finding what I'm looking for,

"Last night, Harry Styles, member of the world famous boy band 'One Direction', was spotted with an unknown girl last night. The two were seen getting quite cozy during their midnight stroll through the park. Styles, 19, and the girl were holding hands as one bystander recalled. It's safe to say that Harry Styles definitely isn't single anymore..." The article goes on, but I can't bring myself to look at it.

Above the article is a grainy picture of Harry and I laughing at something. My head tilted back, and my red hair flying behind me in the wind. "This is a freaking lie!!" I scream, chucking the paper down the stairs, not caring about the couple that just gave me a weird stare as they walked past.

I pull out my phone and dial Harry, the one person who should help me.

"Hello?" he answers.

"Harry?" I say in a pathetic small voice.