Chapter 8: Where the Road Ends (Part 2)

"Where to next?" I ask Harry.

"Your choice." He replies. My stomach chooses that exact moment to growl as loud as it possibly can, we both laugh.

"How about lunch?" I suggest.

"Let's go down this way," he leads me further along on the boardwalk to a little restaurant called, 'Blue Dolphin'. It's nearly empty either because lunch has just ended or because of its appearance. It is very outdated, with scratched up sky blue leather booths and yellowed, chipping paint.

"Table for two please," Harry says to the hostess. She grabs two menus and settles us at a table by the window with a breathtaking ocean view.

*********

"How's your sea bass?" Harry asks me.

"Surprisingly good, and you?"

"Excellent."

"So what does a world famous popstar do in his spare time?" I ask, placing my fork on the table.

He mimicks the movement with a cheeky grin,"The boys and I mainly hang out with their girlfriends and some of our friends."

"I'm guessing there's not much time to do that."

He shakes his head, "Not really. Management's really uping the publicity for our new album."

"Wow."

"Yeah. We're doing so many signings and events now that I don't even know what city we're in half the time."

"That sounds... complicated."

He nods, "But thankfully we're recording for a couple months so we'll be in London for awhile."

"Well that's good. So what're the boys like? I didn't really get a sense for them yesterday..." I say before taking another bite of my fish.

"Well," Harry begins, "let's start with Louis. Lou's my best mate and he's a huge goofball. Um, he said he likes carrots one time and now he gets so many carrots from the fans I think he'll explode if he sees another bag of them." I giggle at that and he continues, "Let's see... he broke up with his girlfriend about six months ago, well, she broke up with him. He really took it hard."

"I don't mean to prod, but why did that happen?" I inquire.

He shrugs, "I think it was the pressure and having the paps on their backs like hounds."

"That's terrible," I gasp.

He nods and changes the subject, "So, how about Liam?" 

"Okay, go."

"He's the most serious of the group, but he knows how to have a good time. The fans call him Daddy Direction. And, as you saw earlier, he despises getting in trouble with management in any way. He's really a nice guy and he has a girlfriend, Danielle."

I nod, encouraging him to keep moving, "Let's see... Next is Zayn. He's really funny and I'd say he's the most level-headed. Like if there's a really serious problem we go to him for guidance. He's trying to quit smoking. And he's obsessed with his hair and mirrors."

"Gotta respect a guy who likes body image," I grin.

"Yeah. So last, but not least, is Niall. Niall is the only one not from Britain, he's actually from Ireland. He loves food. And you probably shouldn't ask him for his favorite because he has such a hard time answering. You can only imagine how that plays out!" He pauses and we both laugh. "He's got the most insane laugh I've ever heard. And he likes to play practical jokes, but you can also say that for all of us I suppose."