Three

"Are you insane?!" Mary sighed. She knew this would happen.

"Tristan I have to do this she took everything from my family. My brothers...they won't let anything happen to me."

"It's been over 100 years do you think they will still protect you?" This angered her.

"They're my family, despite everything they will, I give you my word. I know this is crazy but, when will I ever have an opportunity like this again?" He went silent.

"What if you get hurt?"

"Perks of being a vampire." She sarcastically replied.

"I'm serious."

"I am too Trist. Do you trust me?" He instantly replied.

"Of course I do, I just..." The phone went quiet. "I don't want to lose you, if you lose control." Mary set down her curling iron finishing her hair.

"I know this is hard with you being in Boston, but I need to do this." She was hurt with the insinuation that she'd lose control. She's been doing fine and didn't like it being brought up.

"I know."

"I love you Tristan. I'll call you after everything's said and done, okay?"

"Okay. I love you." Mary smiled.

"Bye."

She ended the call, she stared at herself in the mirror. She wore a navy blue dress, it's cut down in a v-neck, gems at the rim, going around tight down the waist before flowing outwards, a sheer lace falling longer behind her, matched with black stiletto heels.

She walked out of the bathroom of her temporary bedroom at the Salvatore's. A blue glittery mask sat on her bed, she picked it up and tied the ribbon around her head when a knock came from the door, Mary beckoned them in.

Damon came in dressed in a black suit.

"You look great." He stated causing Mary to smile.

"You look dapper." He smirked.

"You ready?" She nodded.

"Let's go kill the bitch." He winced.

"Language." Mary rolled her eyes.

"Let's go."

-

The moment the Salvatore's reached the Lockwood mansion they dispersed. Mary made her way outback of the place. The Lockwood property was different then the place 100 years ago but so were the Salvatore's.

{1864}

A melodic laughter filled the air. Mary held her skirt up as she ran, two arms wrapped around her waist lifting her up, spinning her around. The laughter heightened from the two.

"George!" Mary giggles.

"You're beautiful." He says once he set her down. She smiled. He swiped the hair off her face before caressing her cheek. He leaned down and pressed a chaste kiss on her forehead.

"George someone will see." He rolled his eyes never losing his smile.

"Is it wrong to show some affection towards my betrothed?" She blushed.

"No but it is best to be more discreet." She stated. He tsked.

"Look around we're alone the maids went in and the gardeners are gone for the night." He said.

"Perhaps." She muttered. He cupped her face and moved in closer. Mary's heart accelerated as his breath fanned over her face so close. Suddenly the smell of smoke arose, George looked and saw the sudden fire to the bush.