Chapter 25

This is kinda... A little... Gory...

        Before I could confront the sleazeballs the shouts and yells coming from the infirmary had us running after I stumbled to shove a few vials of the potion just in my pockets, just in case

        Before I could confront the sleazeballs the shouts and yells coming from the infirmary had us running after I stumbled to shove a few vials of the potion just in my pockets, just in case. Adrain's was more of a jog while I sprinted hoping it was the potion kicking it and I wouldn't have to use more.

       Sliding around the corner I went to got down the hall but was snatched by someone quickly. The semi familiar voice telling me it was going to be okay and there was nothing that could have been done. The more comforting the words the more I struggled.

       He was only doing what I told him too. He was only listening to what I said. He would have never approached them if I didn't tell him to make some friends.

         "Let me go!" I screamed needing to get to him. It was my fault. I shouldn't have said anything. He was getting better without friends. He was getting better with me. I was his friend. "Let me go!" I stomped on her foot as she released me with a cry of pain, quickly shoving her off I ducked the next attempt to catch me and body slammed the nurse who gave a sad attempt.

      Successfully getting in the room I found him there. Just laying there. Unmovingly. Not even breathing. My breathing picked up as denial raced through me. No. He was not going to die like this. I felt the warm sensation as I leaped into action, pulling one of the syringes from my pocket.

     The summoned soldiers stopping those that tried to get a hold of me, pulling the cap off with my teeth as my other made pulled his shirt down rushed I slammed the needle right into the black splotch over his heart. "Come on, come on, come on," I repeated biting my lip as I forced the shimmering white liquid into his heart.

       "Come on Dyeth..." I trailed as nothing happened, taking a few deep breathes I jumped onto the bed and immediately pulled out the other syringe I had as I straddled him. It met the same fate as I pulled my hands up not knowing what to do with them. He wasn't waking up. Why wasn't he waking up?

      "You're not dead you annoying prick. You're not allowed to be dead." I growled quietly at him forcing my weight into my hands trying to get his heart to beat. With a glare, I gripped a newly made knife as I slid down his stomach to his lap, cutting open his firm abs as shattering met my ears I just slid my hand into his ribcage refusing to just let him die.

        Wrapping my hands around his heart I gently squeezed my hand. Nothing. So I did it again. And again and again. Until I felt it give a pulse in return. Immediately removing my arm from his chest cavity I dug through my pocket and pulled out one of the vials I had.

       Pulling the cork out with my teeth, my other hand bloodied, I dumped it into his mouth. Plunging his nose I covered his mouth waiting as I repeated the same line. "Come on, come on, come on-"

      Then his chest jerked upward, his stomach closing as he tried to pull in a breath only to swallow. Which was then met with coughing as I removed my hands from his face, his coughing grew only for him to cry out, his shoulder jerking against the bed. His eyes shot open and my breath caught in my chest.

        They were black.

        His body continued to jerk every which why while I was thrown off, leaving him to curl in the fetal position whimpering. Alive. Alive but not well. Staying on the ground processing that it had worked I let out a short unbelieving laugh. I did it. He was breathing. My soldiers clattered to the ground, their orders fulfilled, nothing but marbles. 

         Stunned silent was swiftly swept into action as he was now a live patient in need of care. I was pulled to my feet and out of the room, my back slamming against a wall. My gaze finding that of a cold and familiar one.

        "What did you do?" What did I do? Snarling I pulled my arm from his grip and glared.

         "I saved his life and I sure as hell am getting tired of having to do that. I don't know how many people are trying to kill him but I can't just drop everything for something as stupid as the way he was born! You keep an eye on him because I promise he would have kept his mouth shut if you didn't want to brag. Duel wielders are hunted for no more than sport and I just restarted the heart of a demonizing duel sorcerer! He'll have blazen- No, he'll have the fucking pit on his heels for what I just did," I pointed to his room with a sharp glare.

        I just gave him and me about a dozen targets each for the simple fact I wasn't going to let him die. Not because of me. Not for my mistakes. "So you keep your eye on that boy and you don't let anyone in that room or so help me, I will not do that again," I growled burning it into his mind that he was in there because someone wanted him dead.

         "I don't at a cheap price and this is the only freebie you're ever going to get, don't make me come back,"