4.

BLACK JACK'S POV

I was reading medical book when I heard Ana's scream. I jumped off my chair and run to her room. I was so scared for her life, I only hope that nothing's wrong.

I found her lying in her own blood, and this could mean only one... that's she's losing it or she already lost it.

She was crying because of intensive pains.

"What happened?", I asked her trying to stay calm as much as I can.

"I...I don't know, please, please, just save him" she cried as I lifted her bridestyle and run in OR with her in my arms.

I firmly lay her down and run out to get ready for surgery. After ten minutes I was ready.

"Just save him", she cried.

Her breathing started getting faster and faster and if I don't do something she's gonna have panic attack.

"You need to listen to me", I told her firmly:"And we can get through this, together", at least I hope so.

I gave her general anestesia and fixatex oxygen mask over her nose and after that I inserted IV. After I twice checked her blood pressure and heart rate I moved to begin.

I will try to save both of them,but that's what I can only do, TRY, but my TOP priority is her life.

She is bleeding because the umbilical cord cracked and I will have to repair damage. When I made sure she's gonna be okay I checked heartbeats of fetus, expecting there won't be any.

But soon I could hear his heart, weak but it's still beating.

I am amaze how strong this fetus is and I will try to save it, because I could feel how much he wanted to live.

"You're gonna be okay, daddy will save you", I never expected me to say this, but he's my flesh and blood and I at least have to try to save it.

This will be dangerous and I never in my life did open fetal surgery, I reed about it, but chance of fetus surviving it less than 10%.

I made clear cut and I was trying to work as fast as I could, because it was already too dangerous to do this surgery. I had to be extra careful with stitching umbilical cord because there are many nerves in it and if I miss one inch everything will be over.

After fifteen minutes I was done I stitched Ana's wound and only thing we can do now is to wait, I did all I could and now it's all up on fetus to fight and stay strong.

It will pass at least two weeks before we know for sure if he or she is gonna be alright.

I stayed next to Ana and I fell asleep.

"Is he alright?", her weak voice woke me up.

"Does anything hurt?", I asked because I know in how much pain is she now.

"I will be okay, what's with him?"

I am amaze how strong mother instinct are and how womens can so much love something what isn't even born.

"Yes", I said and I took sleeping medicine and put it in her IV with some pain killers"We will talk later when you wake up, you need rest"

I moved her carefully to our room and lay down next to her I was tired too and soon I fell asleep next to her. This was long night for both of us.