38

"Life tried to crush her, but only succeeded in creating a diamond."

''''

"Did you like it?" Jin asked with wide eyes as I drank the final bit of my water. He has just tried a new recipe for me, vegetarian friendly. It's was cold noodles with some vegetables and some kind of sauce he made.

"Yeah I liked it a lot." I nodded, actually very impressed with his cooking. I knew he was a good cook, but he can master anything. Soups, drinks, salads, desserts, main courses, anything.

"Well I would've liked it a lot more if there was meat in it." Taehyung sent a teasing look at me and I made my own face back at him.

"I loved it!" Jimin jumped into our little facial duel. "Jin can I have it for breakfast?"

"No." Everyone immediately shut him down.

"Ya! What the heck Park!" Jungkook exclaimed angrily. "I said I was going to make scrambled eggs tomorrow!"

Jimin snorted. "Jungkook, you add too much cheese. And I like this more than eggs."

"I do not add too much cheese!" Jungkook defended himself, looking jokingly hurt.

"Yeah you do." The rest of the Guys told Jungkook, no shame in their responses.

"Well shit." Jungkook leaned back in his chair, defeated.

I smiled and shook my head, picking up my plate and glass while slowly scooting my chair backwards, careful not to do anything too fast. But they did it again.

"Here, I'll take them for you." Hoseok shot to his feet and reached out for my dishes, but I moved them away from him, standing up.

"No, stop doing that, all of you." I felt a frown on my face. "Stop treating me like I can't do anything. I understand that you're trying to help, but I can put stuff in the sink."

They all stared at me for a second before Yoongi broke the tension. "In my defense I never tried to help you."

I gave him a look.

"Okay maybe once."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe times 50."

I nodded and took my time walking to the kitchen, ignoring the pain in my side every time I took a step. At least I'm not crying every time I took a breath.

I found out his name was Hyungsik. He was the one who stabbed me years ago. He was the one man that got arrested. He was the one who murdered Tommy. He was the one that gave me a concussion and broke three of my ribs. He is also dead. He committed suicide yesterday. Good riddance.

"Minjee look!" Jungkook called out from behind me, a happy laugh sounding as well.

I turned around from the sink to see Jungkook carrying all of the plates from lunch and somehow balancing a bowl on his head. I rolled my eyes with a smile and walked over to him, taking the bowl off of his head before it dropped. "Are we the dishes crew?"

"Yeah we are!" Jungkook exclaimed and set all the dishes in the sink. "You wash I dry?"

"Sure." I rolled up my sleeves and turned on the water, not knowing what I just revealed.

It took about five minutes before everything went wrong. Jungkook dropped a glass cup, it shattering once it hit the floor.

I spun towards him, vision immediately making me regret my decision as I couldn't even see his face clearly. I blinked several times and it cleared up eventually-my glasses had failed me. I mean they worked, just when I go light headed, no. "Jungkook?"