Christmas Dance

Core's POV

I don't like dances, or dancing. The only reason that I'm going is because I told Hannah that I would come. Why would you tell Hannah that you would come if you don't like dances? A voice in my head asked. Because she asked me. I told it. And you don't say no if a girl asks you. Normally boys do the asking in High School but Hannah had sought me out. Did I feel special? No, why should I?

I went for a somewhat formal attire. Shirt and tie with a pair of black jeans. As an afterthought I chucked a jacket over the top. I brushed my hair downwards, it came down to my shoulders. I slid my sunglasses on and glanced in the mirror. I saw myself looking back at me. I grabbed my phone and slid it into a back pocket, before going to meet my date.

Hannah looked good. She was wearing a dark blue sleaveless dress and her hair was braided down her back. When I entered she turned and smiled at me.

"You look amazing Core" She said "Do you know if I'll need a jacket?"

"Have this one" I replied "Just in case" I took of the one I was wearing and handed it to her. She raised an eyebrow as if to say 'What are you gonna wear?' I reached over and grabbed my blue denim jacket from the back of an armchair. I slung it on and offered her my arm. "Viennent sur ​​Allons maîtresse des hiboux" I said in perfect French.

"Where did you learn French?" Hannah laughed, looping her arm through mine.

"Got bored one summer" I explained, pushing the door open for her. Snowflakes were falling gently around us. "Taught myself French, German, Russian, Latin, Spannish and Italian"

"Can you really speak Latin?" She raised an eyebrow at her as I led her across the school courtyard.

"An, si ego non possum intelligere lingua loquor?" I asked her.

"Yes I would recognise Latin" She laughed "Oh my god you can" I pushed open the door to the hall where the dance was being held. I tilted my head to one side. Slow dancing music. Me and Hannah joined a few other couples on the dancefloor. After the song was finished I went to get her a drink. I met Lewis by the drinks table. He was stood sipping from a Coke.

"Hey" He nodded to me. He was wearing a red jacket over his sillk shirt. "Who'd you bring" I grabbed a bottle of water for Hannah and a Dr Pepper for me.

"Hannah" I told him "What about you?"

"Jasmine" He smiled, nodding at her. I turned and nearly had a heart attack. Jasmine looked like what's her name from that Disney movie. Umm? Wait for it, it'll come to me. Got it *Snaps fingers inside of brain* Elsa from Frozen. She smiled at me so I smiled back. I walked over and gave Hannah her water.

"Lewis looks amazing" She said "Oh sorry"

"Forget about it" I told her "Go dance with him, I know why your here really. Make Lewis jealous right?"

"I'm so..." She began but I cut across her.

"It's Ok" I smiled "You needed me and I was here" She began taking off the jacket I had given her but I placed my hand on hers. "Keep it, you need it more than I do" She smiled and then ran off to dance with the boy of her dreams.

Ten songs and three Dr Peppers later I began to think of leaving. Hannah was passionatly making out with Lewis. Looks like I had helped to make a new couple. Very few people were actually dancing now. Sjin and Minty were talking, Martyn and Kaeyi were kissing, Zoey and Rythian were sat in the corner. I hate dances, like I said. One thing stopped me from leaving at that point. Duncan, Sips and Simon had somehow got hold of alcoholic beverages and were clearly drunk. As I crossed the room to leave Sips accosted me.

"Sooooo?" He drawled in his long lazy manner "How goes it my friend? Kissed anyone else's girl yet?" The instant he said it I knew where this was heading. He steered me slowly across the room. Unfortunatly my attempts to escape caused me to bump into Sjin. Normally this wouldn't have been a problem but at that point it was. He was standing so close to Minty that he accidently spilled his drink all down her front. He turned to see me standing there, looking guilty. He swung a punch.

It cracked against my nose causing blood to spray all over us both.

"I'm so sorry" I said, or at least that's what I roughly said "I didn't meen to do that" I pulled several tissues from my pocket and proceeded to wipe my blood off of Sjin's fist. I then snapped my fingers and used magic to clean Minty's dress. After that I ducked into the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror. Blood was flowing freely from my nose but other than that I was fine. It had stained my shirt and face. I used several tissues to clean myself up, cleaned my shirt and held a piece of tissue under my nose to stem the flow. Job done. I strode out of the bathroom. The dance was in full swing. I might as well get something to eat.

Jasmines POV

I saw Core's nose explode. I watched, slightly worried but even more bemused, as he whiped the blood off of Sjin and quickly cleaned up Minty. Then he disapeered. He reapeered a minute later, holding a tissue under his nose. He glanced around and then went to grab some food.

"Are you Ok?" I asked him, as the he skirted around Hannah and Lewis.

"Yeah I'm fine" He laughed "Hungry but fine"

"Dissapointed?" I smirked, jerking my head over at Hannah and Lewis.

"Nah" He shook his head and scowled "Why she couldn't have just asked him herself. Other than he was already going with you and she wanted to make him jealous"

"Not the only one" I winked at him. He raised an eyebrow at me and lowered the tissue. Blood was no longer flowing from his nose. I ducked through the crowd and heard him shout something, that I almost missed. It sounded like 'Halleluja' A moment later the song changed.

I tripped over someones foot and Core caught me.

"It's all a game of this or that, versus then' Core sang "Better of against worse for wear. And your someone who knows someone, who knows someone I once knew" It was at this point I realised that he was singing along to the song he had requested. "And I just want to be a part of this" At these words I realised that we were dancing. "The road outside my house is paved with good intentions, hired a construction crew 'cause it's hell on the engine. You are the dreamer and we are the dream, I could write it better than you ever fealt it" And kissed me. I was so suprised that I kissed him back. My pale fingers sliding into his firey red hair. After what was decidedly the best part of my life, no matter how long or short it may have been, we broke apart. Core smiled at me and said "My words are my faith, to hell with our good name" At there words I melted into his arms...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So tell me, how many of you were expecting that?