Chapter 1

Katie's P. O. V

My dad would always tell me, ' Good things happen to those who wait' and he was right, after busking my way through university and working at a low class cafe with an embarrassing pay cheque to pay back the university fee for 4 years I'm finally free and is able to go work anywhere specifically meaning Faux modeling Agency.

My best friend since kindergarten Hayley Myers the gorgeous, successful swimsuit model landed me an interview to be the next famous foot model. Why I chose to be a foot model?

Well, its for 2 reasons, my body isn't as perfect as Hayley's she literally could be a porn star with her golden blonde hair, blue eyes and large, pink lips I envy and I won't even start on her perfectly constructed body, me, however had blood, red hair, emerald eyes and very small pouty lips which didn't make me look mature at all and it is so embarrassing.

My body......no comment, it was nothing out of the ordinary. Apparently I resembled my mother who is supposedly getting cosy with some Australian rich guy in Malibu ,California.

So, I've lived alone with my dad since she left when I was 2. My dad took care me alone since then. He wasn't rich but he made ends meet. He is a teacher at a prep school across town so sometimes he stayed there because the school was quite a distance from home. I was blabbering way off topic, anyway the other reason is that, showing off my body is not really my style.

I haven't even wore a swimsuit before, when I go to the beach with my friends I usually wear long tights with an oversized T-shirt, even though I usually get scolded by Hayley I didn't ever change my mind.

The interview was in 3 hours, Hayl' s was going to come pick me up later, I was so excited I showered and got dressed in black denim pants, a blue blouse with a big lip on the front, black sandals along with some lip balm since i wasn't a make up person early. I decided to practice my foot work.

I tried out different foot poses for about 15 minutes before I got bored and decide to touch up the make up on my feet. My feet...my dear feet is my most favourite thing on my body. I patted them gently with a sponge and smiled when I heard the door bell ring.

I placed the sponge down, and ran to the door revealing Hayl's looking as stunning as usual in a black, low cut dress and black pumps with her black clutch in hand. She eyed me up and down before meeting my eyes and scowling," What the fuck are you wearing?".

" Hi to you, oh yes I'm fine just a bit nervous". She rolled her eyes and stepped in by passing me going to sit on the couch. I turned around to her facing the door, " In my defence, I'm doing foot modeling so basically my foot is all that matters cause I don't think anyone will give a damn about what I'm wearing".

She sighed," Sweety, in this industry as a matter of fact in this world your attire is all that matters, people is going to judge you according to what you wear not much people care about what's under it".

" But what about horny guys, won't they care what's underneath ", I asked innocently.

She gave a light chuckle," Your lucky your cute". She started for the door," Hurry or were gonna be late".

I quickly marched behind her,"What is that supposed to mean?". She didn't reply but instead chuckled as she climbed into the driver's side of her red SUV. I followed in cue to the opposite side and we headed for Faux Fashion studio in California.

It was far from my home in Boston but Hayley and I decided to live together for a little while in her penthouse in Malibu,California if I got the job and stay until I'm able to afford my own place.

We traveled in silence until my phone rang. I glanced at the caller Id and smiled seeing my father's name pop up. I answered quickly." Hey dad". " Good morning my angel, have you already done the interview?". " No dad, are you home?". " Not yet, its sad I didn't get to wish you good luck in person but good luck, I gotta go now but call me after the interview,OK? Love you sweetie". "Yea, Love you too Dad", I said hanging up.