Chapter 14

Katie's P.O.V

"You fucking asshole, I thought I told you to stay away from her."

"Ha, as if I'd listen to you plus where we're you when shit was going down, if it wasn't for me she might've had even worse injuries than now."

Ugh.

Who's being loud so early in the morning?

I got up and a sharp pain ran through my head.

"Ow my head."

I looked around the room, where the hell am I? Memories of the day before came flooding back in my mind.

I then heard the door open.

"Good morning sweetie, I'm Nurse Paige, how are you feeling?"

I shrugged, "Ok I guess, its just my head." She nodded and wrote something down on her clipboard. "I'll be back soon with your breakfast."

I leaned my head on the headboard, "I can't believe I almost got raped."

"Me either."

I jumped at the sound of the voice. I must have to much in my thoughts, I didn't hear the door open.

"Hey Dad."

He kissed my forehead,"Are you okay, sweetie? " I nodded, "I'm feeling a lot better. "

All of a sudden he broke down in tears, "Katie I'm so sorry, I failed you as a father "

I smiled, "Dad, its not your fault, there's nothing you could've done. "

We hugged, "You're friends are all waiting to see you, I'll have to thank that young man for saving your life."

Oh right, I don't know who saved me, "Dylan?"

My father shrugged, "I'll leave you to your friends." The minute he left all of them ran in. As everyone hugged me, my eyes raked over all the faces searching for one in particular.

Where's Dylan? Why isn't he here?

I averted my mind from it as I hugged back my friends.

"Oh god Katie, thank goodness you're ok," She handed me a hamburger. "Nurse Paige should be on her way with breakfast. "

Hayley chuckled,"Believe me, you do not want to taste hospital food."

I heard the door open, silently hoping it was Dylan. An immediate scowl came on my face.

I was gonna say something but Hayley beat me to it, "What are you doing here you asshole."

He smirked, "That's no way to speak to the guy that saved sleeping beauty."

Drew saved me?

I cleared my throat, "Please leave us alone for a minute." "Are you sure? ", confirmed Chris.

I nodded, "Yea, I'll be fine."

"We'll be outside if you need us." I smiled at them before my eyes returned to the asshole before me turning that smile upsidedown.

"What did you say to Dylan?"

He chuckled plomping down on the couch to the side of the room. "I only told him the truth babe."

I grinded my teeth together, "What truth? "

He smirked, "Why don't you go to him and find out."

------------------------------------------------------------

They released me in the evening. I went home with Hayley to freshen up.

"Hayley, can you take me to Dylan's house. " She nodded grabbing her car keys, "Sure, I really want to know why he didn't visit you in the hospital, he better have a good reason."