Day In The Park

"Dad, why on earth would they invite us on that trip." Noah aimed his arrow at the target and focused.

"Because I'm such a good worker Noah."

Noah released his arrow it soared through the sky hitting its mark. "You've been working there for a month."

"I don't seem the problem?"

The sunlight bounced off of Noah's white skin, he moved his black hair out of his eyes and loaded another arrow. "I don't know, it just seems fishy to me."

"You sound just like your mother."

Noah fired his arrow it landed in the center of the target. "Yeah she's the reason why I don't trust this."

"Noah, that happened years ago its time to move on."

Noah gripped his bow tightly. "Move on? I can't believe you're still acting like her death was normal."

"Noah please, lets not talk about it."

Noah turned to his left and faced his dad. "You never want to talk about...when are you just gonna tell me what happened?"

Noah's dad ignored his question. "You're getting pretty good with that bow."

Noah rolled his eyes. "Yeah thanks, at least I'm good at something."

"Now about that trip, its in a few weeks."

"Dad, what do you even do for this guy?"

"I happen to be on a very important team."

"Yeah? And what are you working on?"

His father sighed. "You know I cant tell you Noah."

Noah dropped his bow to the ground and stormed off. "yeah there's a lot of things you don't tell me."

"Where are you going.?"

"Out."

Noah grabbed his jacket and put on his hood. Many people would make fun of him for wearing a jacket with cat ears on it, he learned to get past it since it was a gift from his mother.

Noah walked down the street trying to clear his head. His phone vibrated in his pocket, it was a news alert. "Nexus Labs is one step closer to channeling the power of the rift stone." Noah ignored the alert and put his phone away.

Noah noticed a group of boys hanging around the entrance of a store. Noah tried to quickly walk pass without being noticed.

"Hey! Is that Noah?" Noah tried to ignore them and kept walking.

"We're talking to you cat boy!" The boy threw a rock at Noah hitting him in the back.

Noah stopped walking and face the group of boys. "What do you want Jason?"

"I just miss picking on you that's all." The other boys started to laugh.

"Good to know."

"And where exactly do you think you're going?"

"Away from here, so could you just leave me alone."

"Why the hell would I do that, seeing you upset just brings joy to my heart."

One of the boys with Jason said something. "Why the hell is he wearing that?"

"Because he's a weirdo." Jason replied.

Noah was beginning to lose his temper. His face was turning red.

"Aww is thr little mama's boy getting upset?"