Chapter 7

Ellie couldn't remember the last time she met with her family. She didn't miss them – wasn't even thinking about them. That's why the invitation to her cousin's wedding ceremony took her by surprise. She didn't really want to go, but Ronnie...

The girl was always curious what the other woman's family was like. And so, she convinced Ellie to go.

"Wake up sleepyhead" Ronnie was sitting in her abdomen smiling enthusiastically

"W-what?" the psychiatrist asked sleepily

"We need to get ready"

"Ronney" she looked at her phone to see what time it's "It's..." she was interrupted

"Come on. Get up. We need to keep going. We don't want to be late"

"Actually, I don't care. I don't want to go at all"

But again she couldn't say no, when Ronnie began kissing her all over her face. And soon they were both in Ellie's white Audi – ready to go to the woman's family's mansion. They were supposed to be there the day before the wedding, cause the Staple's family wanted to meet – as they called her – the 'mysterious Ronney' who managed to win Ellie's heart.

"If they say anything..." the psychiatrist began "Just ignore them, okay?" she said when they were almost there

"Don't worry. I'll be fine" she smiled reassuringly

Ellie wanted to think the same, but she really couldn't. She was worried that maybe because of something the members of her family will say or do – that little precious thing that was sitting next to her in the car may stop loving her.

"And you'll be too" Ronnie said seeing how nervous her girlfriend was "It will be fun, you'll see" she took Ellie's hand – the one that was placed on gearbox – and kissed it

"How you can be so enthusiastic?" she tried to roll her eyes with something like annoyance

"Because I'm with you. The most incredible woman ever and I want to enjoy every moment that I'm spending with you. Even in such circumstances. Or maybe especially. Just... no matter what will happen tonight or at the wedding. Nothing will change between us, okay? So chill out. And you know, we can leave at any time we want to if we won't enjoy ourselves"

And that's how the girl could always make her feel better. No matter what was going on – Ronney seemed to know exactly how to speak to the older woman. How to calm down her mind and make her believe in the girl's words.

"Did I mention that I love you?" Ellie smiled

"You did, but it's nice to hear it again"

________________________________

The mansion seemed to be enormous. Ronnie didn't expect such a place. She was used to luxurious houses and apartments – for sure – but that was beyond compare.

They were almost the last one to arrived. Everyone seemed to be waiting just for them. Ellie knew it would be like that – they hadn't seen for quite some time. And so the whole family was more than excited. The first one to greet them was Ellie's cousin Michael. He welcomed them warmly and was captivated by Ronnie immediately. The same like the rest of the family.

"Finally. We thought you'll never arrive" Ellie's father commented

"I-" the psychiatrist began, but suddenly – as the other woman appeared by her father – she was too stressed

"It's my fault" Ronnie said squeezing her girlfriend's hand lightly "I couldn't decide what to wear" she explained

"Oh, I see" the woman smiled