words of a villain

song - If Only by Dove Cameron 

~"I can't decide
What's wrong, what's right
Which way should I go"~

It was a strange concept, to live happily ever after. When her eyes ran over every sentence in her fairy tale books as a child, curious fingers skimming over the glossy pages for more knowledge - it was something that she always got stuck on. Her small head would tilt with confusion, eyes narrowing and lips curling downwards slightly at the phrase that she did not understand. The phrase meant that they would always be happy, lives planned out and continuing from that moment always together, no darkness tainting their path - it was simply something that didn't feel real. But after things had started to change, after him - she had started to think differently. Jane knew that there would always be bad things in their world, that there would always be obstacles and darkness in their way, trying to knock them off the foundation that they had crafted together. But perhaps happily ever after didn't always mean forever - perhaps it just meant to be happy, even if only for a short while. 

Mike had always been the hero of the story. He was so writable, with sunken cheekbones and messy dark hair that was constantly falling down into his eyes - eyes filled with such kindness. With his pale skin with splashes of freckles and toothy soft smile, he looked like the kind of person who would always win in the end - the perfect protagonist. It was only a matter of time until he discovered that she was nothing more than the villain. 

Her fingers stroked his cheeks as she whispered, "I'm sorry."

It took a while for her to gather the courage, movements slow as she pulled her hand gently out of his own. She could not stop the small wobble in her chin as their fingers parted, a less content look appearing on Mike's face as if he could feel her leaving. He stayed asleep as she stood up quietly, glancing back at him one last time before leaving the basement. She found herself looking around the house itself, eyes soaking up the floral wallpaper and the homely touches with professional photographs and fancy cookbooks. There were still stains on the table cloth and pieces of dirt on the welcome mat, just a few details that proved that a family lived there - a real family that had themselves a home. Jane gulped, closing her eyes for a moment as she let herself dream and feed that small part of her heart with delicious hope. She started daydreaming about herself having a home of her own one day, perhaps one where she would be accepted for who she really was - seen as just another fun-loving girl that could have the entire world without manipulating it with her magic. She shook away her idiotic thoughts, forcing the hope to leave her heart as she finally found her way to the desk in one of the corner's of the living room - dark and wooden, golden furnishings. 

It was filled with different folders, files that would have no use to her - worth nothing but perhaps the ability to finally make her Papa proud. She could almost imagine the look in his eyes as she handed over the documents that he wanted, smiling with approval as if perhaps his daughter had more purpose than to what he originally believed. The files were merely nothing more than a way to please her father - until she saw the name on the cover. 

JANE IVES

She blinked rapidly, something starting to feel very wrong deep inside of her chest, shivers running down her spine like when everything finally slid into place. Her fingers stroked over the pages, taking a deep breath before carefully opening up the contents. 

Power of Love - the ability to hypnotize victims with love spell. 

Contained by - magic ring 

Lives with - Dr Brenner who created the test subject, raised her with the powers and experimented to find further use (yet to discover)